[comp.dcom.modems] Any experiences with ATI modems?

jgore@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu (Jacob Gore) (02/26/91)

I am considering buying an ATI 2400etc external modem.  Can anybody
offer feedback on this modem, or the company in general?

Jacob Gore
Jacob@Gore.Com  boulder!gore!jacob

davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Dave McCrady) (03/08/91)

jgore@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu (Jacob Gore) writes:

> I am considering buying an ATI 2400etc external modem.  Can anybody
> offer feedback on this modem, or the company in general?
>
> Jacob Gore
> Jacob@Gore.Com  boulder!gore!jacob

  I have a couple of these units and I've been very pleased with them.
They support com1-4, MNP5 and all that stuff.

  One thing to watch is numeric result codes for the error-corrected
 modes of operation ... if your software relies on the the USR  standard
set it can get confused.  I had to configure my BBS software to listen to
verbose result codes to get around it.

  One of them is two years old .. and no problems.

  ATI is a (ahem!) Canadian company.  I also have their VGA Wonder video
card.

  Call me a satisfied customer...

   Dave McCrady                 |  ersys!davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
+1 403-454-4054 (voice)         |  Disclaimer? Who needs a disclaimer?
+1 403-454-6093 (public USENET) |  I >own< the joint.