[comp.dcom.modems] SCO Unix uucico RTS/CTS

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (03/11/91)

In article <1991Mar10.014152.26911@jpradley.jpr.com> jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:

>   [quoting his earlier post]
>
>>>Whatever I do in my dialTBIT binary, or any chat script, SCO's uucico will
>>>ALWAYS set:  -ctsflow -rtsflow -ixon -xoff -ixany.

That's on dial-out.  What does it do for dial-in if you have CTSFLOW
enabled in your /etc/gettydefs?

Are you certain it's uucico doing that?  Could it be uuchat as the
Systems file chat script is processed?  (just a thought, and I don't
know how to run dialTBIT and uucico on the port without uuchat in
between...)

--
.-------------------------------------------.
| Greg Andrews      |   gandrews@netcom.COM |

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (03/13/91)

In article <27682@netcom.COM> gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) writes:
>In article <1991Mar10.014152.26911@jpradley.jpr.com> jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:
>>
>>   [quoting his earlier post]

>That's on dial-out.  What does it do for dial-in if you have CTSFLOW
>enabled in your /etc/gettydefs?

Same thing.

>Are you certain it's uucico doing that?  Could it be uuchat as the
>Systems file chat script is processed?  (just a thought, and I don't
>know how to run dialTBIT and uucico on the port without uuchat in
>between...)

I'm just stating that what I observe is: no matter what a compiled dialer does,
or what uuchat does reading a chat script, uucico resets things when those have
terminated.

 Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr@jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341

karl@robot.in-berlin.de (Karl-P. Huestegge) (03/18/91)

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:

>I'm just stating that what I observe is: no matter what a compiled dialer does,
>or what uuchat does reading a chat script, uucico resets things when those have
>terminated.

right. do a stty ctsflow < /dev/tty1a while uucico starts working.
Or better use FAS instead.

BTW: I found CTSFLOW gets ignored in gettydef.

--
Karl-Peter Huestegge                            karl@robot.in-berlin.de
Berlin Friedenau                                Bus: 2,25,48,81,85

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar17.210258.2194@robot.in-berlin.de> karl@robot.in-berlin.de (Karl-P. Huestegge) writes:

> I found CTSFLOW gets ignored in gettydef.

Perhaps uucico ignores CTSFLOW on an incoming call, but otherwise
the system recognizes and obeys it just fine.

--
.------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  Greg Andrews   |       UUCP: {apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!gandrews    |

aris@tabbs.UUCP (Aris Stathakis) (03/22/91)

In <1991Mar17.210258.2194@robot.in-berlin.de> karl@robot.in-berlin.de (Karl-P. Huestegge) writes:

>jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:

>>I'm just stating that what I observe is: no matter what a compiled dialer does,
>>or what uuchat does reading a chat script, uucico resets things when those have
>>terminated.

>right. do a stty ctsflow < /dev/tty1a while uucico starts working.
>Or better use FAS instead.

>BTW: I found CTSFLOW gets ignored in gettydef.

Works great for me.  I've got my 2400 baud modem locked at 9600 baud
under SCO Xenix 2.3.2 with absolutley no hardware flow control problems.

Be sure to enable hardware flow control in your modem AS WELL as in
gettydefs :-)

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris@tabbs.UUCP