[comp.dcom.modems] DSZ ZMODEM problem

lee@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Harrison Y. Lee) (03/17/91)

	Does anyone knows how to use DSZ Zmodem protocol in unix, I got
	the program and tried it with Procomm Plus 2.0 with internal
	Zmodem built in, it doesn't seems to work with both the built
	in zmodem and the external DSZ zmodem.
	I started the sending in unix and go to Procomm Plus and initialize
	the receiving and I got timeouts and had to abort the transmission.

	Do I need to do some extra works in unix to get it work??

	Thanks for any help!

esaffle@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Ed Saffle) (03/18/91)

>	I started the sending in unix and go to Procomm Plus and initialize
>	the receiving and I got timeouts and had to abort the transmission.

	I seem to have the same problem, but only across the phone lines.  I
dial into a BBS when I am at home and no problem.  I can also start transfers
between our mainframe and a UnixPC via direct connect serial cable and it'll
start just fine and work for a little while....but then it starts getting
the same errors.  I blame the last one, however, on the networking.  It
might not be though.

Please E-mail any advice to:
	esaffle@gmuvax
           or
	esaffle@gmuvax2.gmu.edu

Thanks,
  Ed

bill@inls1.ucsd.edu (Bill Reynolds) (03/18/91)

In article <3811@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> esaffle@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Ed Saffle) writes:

   >	I started the sending in unix and go to Procomm Plus and initialize
   >	the receiving and I got timeouts and had to abort the transmission.

	   I seem to have the same problem, but only across the phone lines.  I
   dial into a BBS when I am at home and no problem.  I can also start transfers
   between our mainframe and a UnixPC via direct connect serial cable and it'll
   start just fine and work for a little while....but then it starts getting
   the same errors.  I blame the last one, however, on the networking.  It
   might not be though.

   Please E-mail any advice to:
	   esaffle@gmuvax
	      or
	   esaffle@gmuvax2.gmu.edu

   Thanks,
     Ed

Here's the switch I put on my sz that allows it to download to a pc
over the phone lines. (I still can't get it to upload though).

	alias sz	(sz -l 1024)

WOOOOOOOH!					|  Bill Reynolds
	   -Mick Jagger			 	|  bill@inls1.ucsd.edu

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar16.190010.21805@cs.wayne.edu> lee@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Harrison Y. Lee) writes:
-
-	Does anyone knows how to use DSZ Zmodem protocol in unix, I got
-	the program and tried it with Procomm Plus 2.0 with internal

DSZ operates on PCDOS systems only.

My commercial Professional-YAM program is available in Unix
flavors, and is licensed to support call-in use with ProComm
Plus 2.0.  I have tested Unix Pro-YAM with ProComm Plus 2.0
uploading and downloading files at 19kb.  While ProComm does
not have the best of ZMODEM support, it is adequate for
casual use.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF
--
"Compared to tanks, journalists are cheap - and you get more for your money."
		- Saddam Hussein

jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) (03/18/91)

In <1991Mar16.190010.21805@cs.wayne.edu> lee@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Harrison Y. Lee) writes:

>	Does anyone knows how to use DSZ Zmodem protocol in unix, I got
>	the program and tried it with Procomm Plus 2.0 with internal
>	Zmodem built in, it doesn't seems to work with both the built
>	in zmodem and the external DSZ zmodem.
>	I started the sending in unix and go to Procomm Plus and initialize
>	the receiving and I got timeouts and had to abort the transmission.
>	Do I need to do some extra works in unix to get it work??

    I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compiled
for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machines
and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re-
covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registers
optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.  Also my rz/sz is fairly old, since
it's what came as a freebie on the disk Omen Tech sent me when I registered
dsz-for-DOS a couple of years ago.  Would a newer rz/sz help, or is it my
modem settings or something else?  My serial card has only a 16450 UART, but
all the errors happen even at 2400bps, so it doesn't seem that the lack of
a buffer is the problem.
                                                Thanks
                                                James P. H. Fuller
                                                jim%crom2@nstar.rn.com

c60b-1eq@web-1g.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) (03/19/91)

In article <3811@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> esaffle@gmuvax2.UUCP (Ed Saffle) writes:
>>	I started the sending in unix and go to Procomm Plus and initialize
>>	the receiving and I got timeouts and had to abort the transmission.
>
>	I seem to have the same problem, but only across the phone lines.  I
>dial into a BBS when I am at home and no problem.  I can also start transfers
>between our mainframe and a UnixPC via direct connect serial cable and it'll
>start just fine and work for a little while....but then it starts getting
>the same errors.  I blame the last one, however, on the networking.

I have encountered similar problems before.  Apparently, ZMODEM escapes
certain characters which have special meaning to networks (like ^C, ^Y, etc.).
However, it seems that certain characters still bother the network.
Fortunately, both the IBM PC version of DSZ and Chuck Forsberg's ZMODEM program
for UNIX (available from wuarchive.wustl.edu under /mirrors/misc/zmodem I believe)
have an option to escape _all_ control characters ("-e").  I have found the -e
switch to improve the reliability of transfers, although there is an obvious
slowdown since all control characters must be escaped.  The resulting transfer
rate is about 180-200 cps at 2400 bps, which is acceptable but not very
desirable.
Also, I have found KERMIT to work flawlessly.  If you set the packet length to
about 1K (assuming you have a fairly clean connection), KERMIT will yield a
much higher transfer rate than ZMODEM with the -e option.  ProComm Plus does
support KERMIT transfers.

--Noam

c60b-1eq@web.Berkeley.EDU

t22918@ursa.calvin.edu (Matt Ranney) (03/19/91)

jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) writes:

>and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re-
>covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registers
>optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.  Also my rz/sz is fairly old, since
>it's what came as a freebie on the disk Omen Tech sent me when I registered
>dsz-for-DOS a couple of years ago.  Would a newer rz/sz help, or is it my
>modem settings or something else?  My serial card has only a 16450 UART, but
>all the errors happen even at 2400bps, so it doesn't seem that the lack of
>a buffer is the problem.

I'm having almost the same problem.  I think I know where the problem
lies (at least in out situation).  All calls on our campus go through
various terminal servers.  These terminal servers are connected to the
various machines via a 38K baud Ethernet link.   But, since the
highest supported incoming line's speed is 9600 baud, at LOT of
bufferig is taking place in the terminal server.  So, say you get one
error, your terminal tries to tell the host that you have an error,
but the host still has 8 or 9K more of data that you are going to get
wether you like it or not.  End result: VERY low transfer rates, and
lots of "Garbage count exceeded" message on the PC end.

So, the problem could be solved by just getting sz/rz to talk to me at
my particular baud rate (command line flag).  Can this be done?
--
Matt Ranney                mranney@wybbs.mi.org
t22918@ursa.calvin.edu     mranney@mole.ai.mit.edu (or any other FSF machine)

floyd@ims.alaska.edu (Floyd Davidson) (03/19/91)

In article <t22918.669356612@ursa> t22918@ursa.calvin.edu (Matt Ranney) writes:
>jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) writes:
>
>>and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re-

[...]

>I'm having almost the same problem.  I think I know where the problem
>lies (at least in out situation).  All calls on our campus go through
>various terminal servers.  These terminal servers are connected to the
>various machines via a 38K baud Ethernet link.   But, since the
>highest supported incoming line's speed is 9600 baud, at LOT of
>bufferig is taking place in the terminal server.  So, say you get one
>error, your terminal tries to tell the host that you have an error,
>but the host still has 8 or 9K more of data that you are going to get
>wether you like it or not.  End result: VERY low transfer rates, and
>lots of "Garbage count exceeded" message on the PC end.
>
>So, the problem could be solved by just getting sz/rz to talk to me at
>my particular baud rate (command line flag).  Can this be done?

Another source of problems, both in talking to Procomm on a DOS
machine, and going through a terminal server, is XON/XOFF flow
control.

It needs to be turned off everywhere.  Packet numbers that are
the same as XOFF will shutdown one end and cause timeouts.  On
terminal servers there are usually a number of other "editing"
or "control" characters that can get you into trouble.  The
terminal server must be put into a "passthru" or "passall"
mode.

Floyd

--
Floyd L. Davidson  |  floyd@ims.alaska.edu   |  Alascom, Inc. pays me
Salcha, AK 99714   |    Univ. of Alaska      |  but not for opinions.

david@kessner.denver.co.us (David Kessner) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar18.151002.1423@crom2.uucp> jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) writes:
>    I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compiled
>for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machines
>and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re-
>covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registers
>optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.  Also my rz/sz is fairly old, since
>it's what came as a freebie on the disk Omen Tech sent me when I registered
>dsz-for-DOS a couple of years ago.  Would a newer rz/sz help, or is it my
>modem settings or something else?  My serial card has only a 16450 UART, but
>all the errors happen even at 2400bps, so it doesn't seem that the lack of
>a buffer is the problem.
>                                                James P. H. Fuller
>                                                jim%crom2@nstar.rn.com

Being a UNIX and DOS user, I have found the file transfer protocol of
Procomm and Procomm+ (I have not tried version 2) a little sub-standard.
I could download from a UNIX host (using sb and sx) about 70% of the time,
but only upload (using rb and rx) less than 20% of the time.  Often it would
just abort before the first block was transfered.

I would suggest trying TELIX (on the DOS side).  If it works then you know the
source of the problem.  If it doesn't then you havent lost anything (since
TELIX is shareware).  I have used rz/sz on a 386 UNIX box with 16550 UARTS
connected with a 286 using a 16450 at baud rates as high as 38400 baud.

					- David K
--
David Kessner - david@kessner.denver.co.us            | do {
1135 Fairfax, Denver CO  80220  (303) 377-1801 (p.m.) |    . . .

In article <t22918.669356612@ursa> t22918@ursa.calvin.edu (Matt Ranney) writes:

>  All calls on our campus go through
>various terminal servers.  These terminal servers are connected to the
>various machines via a 38K baud Ethernet link.   But, since the
>highest supported incoming line's speed is 9600 baud, at LOT of
>bufferig is taking place in the terminal server.  So, say you get one
>error, your terminal tries to tell the host that you have an error,
>but the host still has 8 or 9K more of data that you are going to get
>wether you like it or not.

Use the -l number command line option for sz with a number from 32
to 1024 to force it to stop sending until the ack's arrive.  If
you think you are having trouble with control characters at the
terminal server you can also use -e to escape all control characters.

Les Mikesell
 les@chinet.chi.il.us

luce@aurs01.UUCP (J. Luce) (03/20/91)

[...]

I got rzsz from Simtel and installed it in my dhome directory under
Ultrix 4.0.  I call here from home and use the rzsz to pass files. I
have absolutely no problems. I compiled it as stated in the archive. I
touched no code or make file. It runs beautifully right out of the
'box'.

Good luck, it sounds like your Unix environment doesn't like the
streaming methodology of Zmodem...

grahj@gagme.chi.il.us (jim graham) (03/21/91)

In article <t22918.669356612@ursa> t22918@ursa.calvin.edu (Matt Ranney) writes:

> All calls on our campus go through various terminal servers.

some time ago, I posted a note here regarding a solution to the terminal
server problem, and it seemed to help several people --- if you have
the permissions needed to do so, you might try the following settings:

   1) use HARDWARE flow control on both ends --- Xon/Xoff causes headaches
      for Zmodem (and Ymodem, and Xmodem, and ......)

   2) also, one of the responses I got back then indicated that the
      terminal server must be set for TERMINAL-TRANSPARENT and
      TERMINAL-DOWNLOAD (these are the defaults on our cisco terminal
      server)

   3) here's one I found by trial/error --- on the UNIX end, seems you
      need to use rz -be (or -ae) specifically, and don't specify the
      filename --- let Zmodem take care of it.  not sure why these
      matter...if someone else has run into these, and knows why this is
      the case, I'd love to hear it.

hope this helps....

  --jim

Share and Enjoy!  (Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, complaints division)
73, de n5ial

Amateur Radio:
     TCP/IP:    jim@n5ial.ampr.org --- 44.72.47.193
     Packet:    n5ial@wb9mjn (Chicago, IL USA)
Internet:  grahj@gagme.chi.il.us

davidg%aegis.or.jp@kyoto-u.ac.jp (Dave McLane) (03/21/91)

david@kessner.denver.co.us (David Kessner) writes:

> Being a UNIX and DOS user, I have found the file transfer protocol of
> Procomm and Procomm+ (I have not tried version 2) a little sub-standard.

I wrote my own X/Y-Modem for Aegis I (Aegis II is now running with
WAFFLE) and had to put some special cases in for Procomm/Procomm+
as the way it sends the final ACK is a bit weird (sorry, can't
remember what it was).

I use TELIX as I like the C-like script language and it seems to
have a more universally acceptable X/Y/Z-Modems....

--Dave McLane <davidg%aegis.or.jp@kyoto-u.ac.jp>

==== The Aegis Society =============================================
Minami Hirao 1-6, Imazato                 The content and process of
Nagaokakyo-shi, Kyoto-fu, 617 Japan           international/cultural
Tel: +81-75-951-1168 Fax: +81-75-957-1087             communication.

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar18.151002.1423@crom2.uucp> jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) writes:
-    I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compiled
-for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machines
-and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re-
-covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registers
-optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.  Also my rz/sz is fairly old, since

This is the typical description of the problems caused by flow control mismatch.
Solutions thereto are discussed in the sz.1 doc file for version 3.11 sz.

howardl@wb3ffv.ampr.org ( WB3FFV) (03/22/91)

From article <58@omen.UUCP>, by caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX):

> This is the typical description of the problems caused by flow control mismatch.
> Solutions thereto are discussed in the sz.1 doc file for version 3.11 sz.

I would just like to say somthing in support of Chuck's rz/sz implementation.
I am using it on an 80486 UNIX V/386 3.2 system here and get wonderful
throughput the few times I have used it.  I have also tried the package
over both V.32 and Telebit PEP.  Using it to talk with a Telebit PEP modem
attached to a PC running with DSZ I can usually sustain 1400cps+ everytime
to the office and very rarely get a retry of any packets.  I can't think
of a package that works better with a PEP modem, so I would suspect as
mentioned above by Chuck that flow-control causes a lot of users troubles.

Also Chuck if you see this (and I suspect you will), where can a user
obtain the latest releases of sz/rz for UNIX.  You make mention of a
version 3.11 in your message above, and I am sure many of the users here
on the net would like to upgrade to your current release...

Internet  : howardl@wb3ffv.ampr.org	|	Howard D. Leadmon
UUCP      : wb3ffv!howardl		|	Advanced Business Solutions
TELEX     : 152252474     		|	210 E. Lombard St - Suite 410
FAX       : (301)-244-8790              |       Baltimore, MD 21202
PACKET    : WB3FFV @ WB3FFV.MD.USA.NA   |       Phone: (301)-576-8635

dz9516@shpu1.UUCP (Zechman DN) (03/23/91)

I have seen the same problem with sz/rz on the Unix system at Bucknell
University.  What FIXED the problem for me was taking a look at the
tty settings with "stty -a" and hunting for line conditions different
from what I'd have on a typical BBS connection (8-bit/no parity/one
stop bit/no XON-XOFF/etc.).

The setting "autoflow" turned out to be the one that was wreaking havoc
on ZModem.  Doing an "stty autoflow" before the transfer made it work
FLAWLESSLY.  If your particular Unix doesn't have an "autoflow" setting,
(I think it may be BSD only) check the man pages for stty for anything
having to do with flow control.

I hope this info is a help to someone.  It's no fun having transfer rates
that are slower than reading the hex dump yourself!  :-)

--Dwayne

#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
%  ***  Dwayne N. Zechman ***   *** Shippensburg University of PA ***     %
#    May all your troubles      USENET:   dz9516 @ shpu1.UUCP      (Now)  #
%      be happy ones.           BITNET:   DNZ @ SHIP.BITNET (FINALLY!!!)  %
#             --original      InterNET:   (HAH! I can DREAM, can't I?!?)  #
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%

root@minixug.mugnet.org (MINIXUG-ONLINE System Manager) (03/23/91)

jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) wrote:

>     I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compiled
> for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machines
> and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re-
> covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registers
> optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.  Also my rz/sz is fairly old, since
> it's what came as a freebie on the disk Omen Tech sent me when I registered
> dsz-for-DOS a couple of years ago.  Would a newer rz/sz help, or is it my
> modem settings or something else?  My serial card has only a 16450 UART, but
> all the errors happen even at 2400bps, so it doesn't seem that the lack of
> a buffer is the problem.

Ahh.  I run a number of UNIX and MINIX (yes!) machines over here (work and
home), and I also observed funny behaviour with rz/sz ...

I use Telebit Trailblazer modems here, and I noticed that when _downloading_
from the UNIX systems (Interactive IX/386, BTW), all went well: just a
continuous byte stream coming in.

However, when _uploading_ a file from any MINIX system, I found that
Zmodem was waiting for ACKs every 1024 bytes.  When using 19200bps-or-
above links, this means a drop in performance of about 50% :-(

I then installed the 3.06 version of rz/sz (I was using something like
1.18), but that didn't do any good.  Then I noticed a little remark
in the sources about non-blocking I/O on UNIX-ish systems...

It turned out, that when I recompiled the programs with my version of
non-blocking I/O (I implemented the TIOCICNT call in MINIX's ioctl(2)),
all went perfect....

So: when rz/sz is _slow_, you may want to recompile with non-blocking
    I/O enabled.

    when rz/sz is _bad_, you may suffer from a bad handshake with the
    modem(s).  Many UNIX systems do not properly handshake with the
    modem(s) (with RTS/CTS and/or XON/XOFF), which, with high-speed
    modems, or modems with an interspeeder, causes data loss...

Hope this helps,

Fred van Kempen
<waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org>

rickc@telly.on.ca (Rick Copley) (03/26/91)

In article <910322399@minixug.mugnet.org> root@minixug.mugnet.org (MINIXUG-ONLINE System Manager) writes:
>jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) wrote:
>>
>>     I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compiled
>> for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machines
>> and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re-
>> covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registers
>> optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.  Also my rz/sz is fairly old, since
>> it's what came as a freebie on the disk Omen Tech sent me when I registered
>> dsz-for-DOS a couple of years ago.  Would a newer rz/sz help, or is it my
>> modem settings or something else?  My serial card has only a 16450 UART, but
>> all the errors happen even at 2400bps, so it doesn't seem that the lack of
>> a buffer is the problem.

> (stuff deleted)

>Fred van Kempen
><waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org>

I use rz/sz and a DOS program called TELIX together with no problems at all.

The rz/sz came with the system (NCR Tower 800 running SYS Vr3).  TELIX
is a general purpose tele-comm program. similar to (but much superior IMHO)
Procomm.

I have got transmittions to work over direct-link at 38400, with very few
retries or NACks or any problems at all.

I have got it to work with still as few problems using USRobotics modems
at 9600.

I did try DSZ once (a demo copy) and I didn't really like it so I stuck with
TELIX.

--
#include <sys/types.h>            /* Rick Copley - rickc@telly.on.ca */
main()                            /* PROGRESS Programmer/Systems Analyst */

davidg%aegis.or.jp@kyoto-u.ac.jp (Dave McLane) (03/27/91)

rickc@telly.on.ca (Rick Copley) writes:

> In article <910322399@minixug.mugnet.org> root@minixug.mugnet.org (MINIXUG-ON
> >jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) wrote:
> >>
> >>     I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compile
> >> for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machine
> >> and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re
> >> covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registe
> >> optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.
> >> [* stuff deleted *]
> I use rz/sz and a DOS program called TELIX together with no problems at all.
>
> The rz/sz came with the system (NCR Tower 800 running SYS Vr3).  TELIX
> is a general purpose tele-comm program. similar to (but much superior IMHO)
> Procomm.
>
> I have got transmittions to work over direct-link at 38400, with very few
> retries or NACks or any problems at all.
>
> I have got it to work with still as few problems using USRobotics modems
> at 9600.
>
> I did try DSZ once (a demo copy) and I didn't really like it so I stuck with
> TELIX.

The original question was about using rz/sz with a T2500, not a
direct link or with a USR.

For what it's worth, I'm not using rz/sz but I am running Telix
V3.12 with DSZ (also by Omen Tech) and it has all kinds of problems
when it comes to Z-Modem and the T2500.

In particular, the sending side gets way way ahead of the receiving
side, then there's and error, and then the sending side again sends
much of what it had already sent.  The pattern (send, send, send,
error, fall back, send, send, send) continues until, eventually,
the file is transferred.

This doesn't happen with the USR and it doesn't happen with a
direct connect, only with the T2500.  I also suspect the (10-12K?)
buffer in the T2500 but haven't had time to work out how to
configure either DSZ, the T2500 or both.

--Dave

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (04/01/91)

In article <910322399@minixug.mugnet.org> root@minixug.mugnet.org (MINIXUG-ON
>jim@crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) wrote:
>>
>>     I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compile
>> for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machine
>> and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re
>> covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registe
>> optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.

	I doubt this is a problem with the Telebit. We don't have a 2500
(yet) but do support the T1000. I set up rz/sz (compiled under Xenix/386,
running on SCO ODT), linked DSZ into ProComm Plus 1.1b. Works quite well,
with throughput as high as ~900 cps, though it's notably lower if retrans-
missions are required or I'm running as a background process (under Windows,
for example).

uunet!media!ka3ovk!raysnec!shwake				shwake@rsxtech