[comp.dcom.modems] bell 202 modem

tnixon@hayes.uucp (04/03/91)

In article <343@salt.bellcore.com>, jeng@escher..bellcore.com
(Fureching Jeng) writes:

> Does anyone know which manufacture makes
> Bell-202 compatible modem and the price of modem?

I tried to reply directly to you, but the address given was rejected
by our mailer.  You might want to check on your end to see if you
can correct the problem.

As far as the modems go, one possible source is Universal Data
Systems (UDS) in Huntsville, Alabama (205-430-8000).  I don't know
the price, but you can call and find out.  I know they make 201 and
208 compatibles, but 202 (half-duplex 1200bps) really isn't used
much anymore.

--
Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-840-9200  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404

jay@rosevax.rosemount.com (Jay Warrior) (04/06/91)

In article <3899.27f9bbff@hayes.uucp> tnixon@hayes.uucp writes:
>In article <343@salt.bellcore.com>, jeng@escher..bellcore.com
>(Fureching Jeng) writes:
>
>> Does anyone know which manufacture makes
>> Bell-202 compatible modem and the price of modem?

You can also buy them from Racal Vadic. NCR makes a low power 202
modem chip (I think its the 20C12). TI also has a 202 modem chip. (If you are
interested in going the chip route).

202 happens to work really well in rf applications, and I have seen a couple of
sources at least for 202 based rf-modems at the process control industry trade
shows.

--jay

kurt@photon.tamu.EDU (Kurt Freiberger) (04/09/91)

I have some Bell 202T modems if anybody is interested.  Make an offer, you pay shipping.
Cheers.
--
Kurt Freiberger, wb5bbw	  kurt@cs.tamu.edu   409/847-8706
Dept. of Computer Science, Texas A&M University