[comp.dcom.modems] UUCP on Courier HST with Trailblazer

jpm@logixwi.UUCP (Jan-Piet Mens @ Logix GmbH, Wiesbaden) (03/22/91)

Hello,
	I am desperately trying to get a UUCP hook-up between a Courier HST
	Dual Standard modem and a Telebit Trailblazer T2000. What I need
	to know is how can I get the two modems to communicate at a speed
	of above 2400 bd ?

	The whole thing should run on an SCO UNIX 3.2.2 box, in a dialer
	program in /usr/lib/uucp.

	Can anyone help me on this please ?
	Do you have an example dialer script for the job at hand ?
	What modem parameters must be set on the Courier HST to communicate ?
	Is it possible to go up (and above?) to 9600 bd ?

Regards,
--
Jan-Piet Mens, Logix GmbH				    jpm@logixwi.UUCP
Moritzstr. 50, D-6200 Wiesbaden            ...!uunet!mcsun!unido!logixwi!jpm

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (03/23/91)

In article <1401@logixwi.UUCP> jpm@logixwi.UUCP (Jan-Piet Mens) writes:
>Hello,
>	I am desperately trying to get a UUCP hook-up between a Courier HST
>	Dual Standard modem and a Telebit Trailblazer T2000. What I need
>	to know is how can I get the two modems to communicate at a speed
>	of above 2400 bd ?

I'm afraid that the fastest speed the modems have in common is 2400 bps.
The Telebit T2000 has 300, 1200, 2400, and PEP.  The USR DS has 300, 1200,
2400, 9600 (V.32), and HST.

The Telebit modems that would be able to communicate with the USR DS
faster than 2400 bps are the T2500 or T1600.  Those modems each have
the 9600 V.32 modulation.

--
.------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  Greg Andrews   |       UUCP: {apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!gandrews    |

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (03/23/91)

A HST modem (non dual standard) can't do better than 350 cps using uucp.

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator

mpd@anomaly.SBS.COM (Michael P. Deignan) (03/24/91)

jpm@logixwi.UUCP (Jan-Piet Mens @ Logix GmbH, Wiesbaden) writes:

>	I am desperately trying to get a UUCP hook-up between a Courier HST
>	Dual Standard modem and a Telebit Trailblazer T2000. What I need
>	to know is how can I get the two modems to communicate at a speed
>	of above 2400 bd ?

You can't. The TB2000 isn't a v.32 standard modem like the HST/DS. As a
result, you are SOL.

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Since I *OWN* SBS.COM,
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            /  These Opinions Generally

rjn@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Bob Niland) (03/25/91)

re: > A HST modem (non dual standard) can't do better than 350 cps using uucp.

I routinely obtain 1000 cps with my HST, using 'f' protocol.

On pre-compressed (.Z) file transfer, the net rate is over 1600.

Regards,                                              Hewlett-Packard
Bob Niland      Internet: rjn@FC.HP.COM               3404 East Harmony Road
                UUCP: [hplabs|hpfcse]!hpfcrjn!rjn     Ft Collins CO 80525-9599

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (03/25/91)

rjn@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Bob Niland) writes:

>re: > A HST modem (non dual standard) can't do better than 350 cps using uucp.

>I routinely obtain 1000 cps with my HST, using 'f' protocol.

ok, using f protocol which isn't supported with all versions of uucico -
--

jjb@triada.UUCP (Jack Bailey) (04/12/91)

In article <1991Mar25.130929.13251@nstar.rn.com> larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>rjn@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Bob Niland) writes:
>
>>re: > A HST modem (non dual standard) can't do better than 350 cps using uucp.
>
>>I routinely obtain 1000 cps with my HST, using 'f' protocol.
>
>ok, using f protocol which isn't supported with all versions of uucico -

News to me.  I can't think of any which don't.

-jjb

--
(o >o
 \<>)	-J.J.Bailey  415-449-0606  {pacbell,lll-winken}!mavrik!jjb

In article <205@triada.UUCP> jjb@triada.UUCP (Jack Bailey) writes:

>>>I routinely obtain 1000 cps with my HST, using 'f' protocol.
>>ok, using f protocol which isn't supported with all versions of uucico -

>News to me.  I can't think of any which don't.

Heh, is AT&T really that much of an "unknown" in the unix world?  They
give you the 'd' protocol, though, which seems to be useless unless
you are on their datakit net.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us