[comp.dcom.modems] T2500 'enhanced V.32'

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (04/19/91)

In article <761@newave.UUCP> john@newave.mn.org (John A. Weeks III) writes:

>One of the engineers that I work with had great difficulty getting a T-2500
>to talk with a standard V.32 modem.  It turned out that there was a register
>setting for enhanced V.32, and our T-2500 somehow got in that setting.

Ah yes, the Rockwell module's 'turbo' mode.  The modules that Rockwell has
been supplying recently have a feature where they misakenly think they have
connected in the turbo mode rather than plain ol' V.32.  Of course, this
completely hoses the data transfer and the modems eventually will disconnect
when enough errors occur.  (That's not a bug, that's a Feature!)

The T2500 modems can sometimes have this problem when making synchronous
connections - asynchronous connections are fine.  Tech support knows how
to tweak the modem to prevent false turbo connections.

(No, the 'turbo' mode isn't V.32bis.)

--
|  Greg Andrews   |       UUCP: {apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!gandrews    |