[comp.dcom.modems] Hayes Synchronous Interface

ST7021@SIUCVMB.BITNET (04/22/91)

Is anyone aware of any software (hopefully ShareWare/PD) that supports the
Hayes Synchronous Interface (HSI)? This software will allow it's users to
communicate synchronously without having a synchronous adapter. I have a
Hayes V-series 9600 and am interested in utilizing this feature.

I am also interested in any ShareWare/public domain software that
will communicate with a synchronous adapter - basically a synchronous
terminal program.

These are two separate software queries. Thanks for any pointers!

Thomas Boehler

tnixon@hayes.uucp (04/25/91)

In article <9104220702.AA09251@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>,
ST7021@SIUCVMB.BITNET writes:

> Is anyone aware of any software (hopefully ShareWare/PD) that supports the
> Hayes Synchronous Interface (HSI)? This software will allow it's users to
> communicate synchronously without having a synchronous adapter. I have a
> Hayes V-series 9600 and am interested in utilizing this feature.

Most applications for synchronous communications involve connecting
to X.25 networks or IBM mainframes -- and these are applications
which are generally viewed as being commercial, and not shareware.  I
don't know of ANY shareware/PD programs that use HSI/HSD.  Hayes has
a long list of companies that produce a wide range of HSI/HSD
compatible software; I recommend you call Hayes Customer Service at
404-441-1617, or call the Online with Hayes BBS at 800-874-2937
(your VSM9600 will connect at 9600, too!)

> I am also interested in any ShareWare/public domain software that
> will communicate with a synchronous adapter - basically a synchronous
> terminal program.

Again, given the nature of the synchronous applications, I don't
know of any shareware/PD software that works directly with a sync
adapter, either.

--
Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-840-9200  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404