[comp.dcom.modems] USR HST Dual Standard... upgrade to v32bis?

jodhpur@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Japhy Ryder) (05/01/91)

I have a used USR HST Dual Standard that has been upgraded to v42/42bis and
the November 1990 supervisor (which I hear is buggy anyways).
I want to upgrade to v32bis and get a newer supervisor. Will it be possible
to do this without having to replace the modem altogether?

If so, how much would it cost?
I would appreciate any postings and/or email.
Thanks!

-Craig

--
 <=======> <=======> <=======> <=======> <=======> <=======> <=======> <=======>

    Craig S. Bell, Kr. DI.
   jodhpur@ucscb.UCSC.edu
  glendwer@cats.UCSC.edu
 (408) 425-7122 daytime

schuster@panix.uucp (Michael Schuster) (05/01/91)

In article <15202@darkstar.ucsc.edu> jodhpur@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Japhy Ryder) writes:
>I have a used USR HST Dual Standard that has been upgraded to v42/42bis and
>the November 1990 supervisor (which I hear is buggy anyways).
>I want to upgrade to v32bis and get a newer supervisor. Will it be possible
>to do this without having to replace the modem altogether?

You can get a new Supervisor. It will -not= give you V.32bis.
For that you must buy a new modem.

--
 Mike Schuster                                      |    CIS: 70346,1745
 NY Public Access UNIX:  ...cmcl2!panix!schuster    |    MCI Mail, GENIE:

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (05/01/91)

jodhpur@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Japhy Ryder) writes:

>I have a used USR HST Dual Standard that has been upgraded to v42/42bis and
>the November 1990 supervisor (which I hear is buggy anyways).
>I want to upgrade to v32bis and get a newer supervisor. Will it be possible
>to do this without having to replace the modem altogether?

>If so, how much would it cost?
>I would appreciate any postings and/or email.
>Thanks!

there are no upgrades to v.32bis.

you will need to sell your modem, or trade it in

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis