[comp.dcom.modems] Help: SendFax Board & BitFax

13682130@VUVAXCOM.BITNET (04/27/91)

 Dear Networkers:
        I am here seeking some help on my SendFax board and Software.
I've bought a Cardinal SendFax Board lately( BitFax 2.061 come w/ board ).
I used it on my Compaq original poartable XT. The promblem is when I sending
Fax, it always give me "retrain error".  I've checked the phone line I am
using, no problems. Every page I am sending out only can be received 1 inch
long. When I sending message less than 1 inch, It works fine. I do not
undersatnd Why it doing this.
        Is there anyone has experienced this kind problem. Anyone out there
has good experiences on using BitFax ( v 2.061 ). All help welcomes.

| JINGYI  ZHOU                     | E-mail:                                 |
| Graduate Student                 |   BITNET:   136821307@VUVAXCOM.BITNET   |
| Detp of Comp. Sci.               |   INTERNET: jyzhou@tiger.vill.edu       |
| Villanova University PA 19087    |   Voice  Phone  : 215-687-2411          |

roger@wet.UUCP (Roger Niclas) (05/02/91)

13682130@VUVAXCOM.BITNET writes:

>  Dear Networkers:
>         I am here seeking some help on my SendFax board and Software.
> I've bought a Cardinal SendFax Board lately( BitFax 2.061 come w/ board ).
> Fax, it always give me "retrain error".  I've checked the phone line I am

> . . . When I sending message less than 1 inch, It works fine. I do not

I'm using BitFax S/R Version 3.0, and I don't know how that compares to the
send-only versions (BitFax S/R is Send/Receive), but if it's anything like
your version, you'll have a page length option in the Configuration Menu; it
may be in the "Advanced Configuration" submenu, if 2.06 has that.  Check that
setting.  I've found, in BitFax S/R v. 3.0, that an 11-inch page length setting
doesn't seem to cover what will fit on an 11" sheet of paper; I have my page
length set to 12" as a result.

There's also an auto-length setting which is supposed to limit the page to
whatever length is appropriate for the length of the file.  I suspect you're
set up with this option and that it seems to think everything is one inch.

I don't use autolength because I always hate receiving little tiny faxes that
get lost easily, and I refuse impose those on others.

If all else fails, try calling Bit Software to see if there's an upgraded
version of BitFax.

*  Email: roger@wet.UUCP    |                                                  *
*    alt: rogerd@well       |  witty remark designed to exhibit intellect goes *
* CompuServe: 72730,1010    |                    here                          *