[comp.dcom.modems] The "unknown"

bud@kentrox.uucp (Bud Couch) (05/04/91)

In article <422@wybbs.mi.org> rickt@wybbs.UUCP (Rick Tucker ) writes:
>I have recently started using v.32 modems and have noticed that
>when you terminate the connection(via loging out of the host)
>that you get a steady stream of 'the unknown'.
>Any way to prevent this.
>It really freaks out the terminal, and attached printer.
>
>I am using a MultiModem V32 (mt932ea)
>The other(host) sites are using mt932ea and a US Robitics V.32(whatever)

What you are getting is garbage from the modem during cleardown. I've
seen this on other machines. Try sending the ATH0 (local hang-up) code.
I've seen this stop the garbage out of a UDS V.32.

  Bud Couch - ADC/Kentrox    | And diff'ring judments serve but to declare   |
 If my employer only knew... |That truth lies somewhere, if we knew but where|
   standard BS applies	     |                   -William Cowper             |