[comp.dcom.modems] USR Sportster 2400 bug?

Walter_Selent@mindlink.bc.ca (Walter Selent) (05/01/91)

I'm having problems changing the defaults of the S7 register in NRAM.
I change the value of the register, I then do an "at &w" and then an
"atz" and I don't see the changes I've made to this S register although
the other registers work okay.  Yes, I've read the manual and DIP
switch 5 is UP.  If it was the DIP switch then I would not be able to
change any other S register defaults.

Is it possible at all to change the stored defaults for the S7
register? If so how do I do it? I need to increase this value because
this modem is used on a private switched network that can take a long
time to complete a call and I don't want to manually change this
register everytime this modem is reset.
--
Walter Selent   ESN 763-4140    |  "And now," cried Max, "let the wild
Walter_Selent@mindlink.bc.ca    |  rumpus begin."

shihsun@bird.Princeton.EDU (Shih-ping S Sun) (05/04/91)

In article <5702@mindlink.bc.ca> Walter_Selent@mindlink.bc.ca (Walter Selent) writes:

>I'm having problems changing the defaults of the S7 register in NRAM.
>I change the value of the register, I then do an "at &w" and then an
>"atz" and I don't see the changes I've made to this S register although
>the other registers work okay.
>
>Is it possible at all to change the stored defaults for the S7
>register? If so how do I do it? I need to increase this value because
>this modem is used on a private switched network that can take a long
>time to complete a call and I don't want to manually change this
>register everytime this modem is reset.

is it possible that there is more than onep ossible NOVRAM storage
thing?  IN that case you need to spceify AT&W0 or AT&W1.  Then you
should also issue an AT&Y0 or AT&Y1 which tells the modem to re-load
NOVRAM configuration 0 (or 1) on a modem reset condition (ATZ or power
on)

I think that's right...

S. Spencer Sun '94

chrisb@pro-permian.cts.com (Chris Bagwell) (05/08/91)

You mentioned that it could have two sets (AT&W0 AT&W1).  If thats the
problem then you might want to mention using ATZ0 and ATZ1 to bring up a
specific setting.
----
ProLine:  chrisb@pro-permian
Internet: chrisb@pro-permian.cts.com