[comp.dcom.modems] T1000 Password security

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May10.155848.2002@netcom.COM> pineapp@netcom.COM (Daniel Curry) writes:
>The question is how do I setup the L.sys ( 4.0.3) file to accept the
>security password that is available on the Ventel.
>
> [L.sys file deleted]
>
>-Dan
>
>P.s. This is the same problem with Telebit T1000 security function.

The T1000 has no password security.

If you're referring to the password security in the TrailBlazer Plus,
T1600 and T2500 modems, simply write your chat script to reflect the
interaction you perform when you yourself log in.

If, after seeing "CONNECT", you type nothing, then you see "Enter
password:", then you type "letmein", then you see "login:" then you
type "danc", then you see "password:" then you type "mypassword",
the script would look like this:

  ssword: letmein ogin: danc ssword: mypassword

Of course, there will be other stuff before the first "ssword:" above,
and what that stuff is will be unique to your particular system and modem.

--
 |  Greg Andrews   |       UUCP: {apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!gandrews    |