[comp.dcom.modems] Can you get a newsfeed via satellite?

randyt@sierra.wildernet.com (Randy Terbush) (05/09/91)

I wanted to do a little homework before contacting the local with the
satellite setup.

Is it possible to get the feed via satellite?
What satellite needs to be tuned into?  (Frequency, etc.)

Please Email.  I will post a summary if there is interest.

Advance Thanks given

--
Randy Terbush ------------------ Mammoth Lakes, CA - Voice +1 619 934 0340
INET: randyt@wildernet.com ------------- UUCP: sierra.wildernet.com!randyt

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (05/12/91)

randyt@sierra.wildernet.com (Randy Terbush) writes:

>Is it possible to get the feed via satellite?
>What satellite needs to be tuned into?  (Frequency, etc.)

A couple of years ago the usenet backbone feed was available
via Anik D4 - over one of the uplinks from CBC-Vancover

At the time, Norsat was selling a card that fit inside your PC
that basically was a TVRO receiver.

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis