[comp.dcom.modems] US Robotics 9600 Sportster

mwills@agora.rain.com (Mark Wills) (05/14/91)

Has anyone have any information about the above mentioned new modem?
From what I've heard so far it has:
9600bps  (V.32)
V.42 and V.42 bis
A LOW price tag (like $100 less than the courier V.32 or more)

shihsun@glasses.Princeton.EDU (S. Spencer Sun) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May13.220614.23541@agora.rain.com> mwills@agora.rain.com (Mark Wills) writes:
>Has anyone have any information about the above mentioned new modem?
>From what I've heard so far it has:
>9600bps  (V.32)
>V.42 and V.42 bis
>A LOW price tag (like $100 less than the courier V.32 or more)

I have not heard of any USR Sporters 9600.  The basic USR line, if I'm
not mistaken, is this (in order of increasing price)
  Courier HST - USR's proprietary protocol, only does high speeds with
other HST's (14.4k?)
  Courier V.32 - only communicates at high speeds wiht other V.32's
  Dual STandard: above two rolled into one.

With the SYsop Deal, the HST is $349 and the Dual STandard is $499 (down
from $695, can't beat that)

S. Spencer Sun - WWIVnet @6909 - 609/258-8877 - Dual Standard in a few
days