[comp.dcom.modems] V32bis for leased 2-wire circuit wanted

paul@actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (05/21/91)

I'm currently running a SL/IP connection using a pair of T2500's in
PEP mode.  We'd like to redeploy our T2500's for other use, and now
I'm looking for a pair of V.32bis modems that will work fine in a
leased-circuit environment.  It's a two wire circuit (that's
converted to a four wire internally by the Telco), which is why I
have to use an anisochronous modem setup.

I've been considering the USR Robotics V.32bis at around $600.  Is
there a better price for these on a sysop deal?  (My BBS is listed
in nixpub).  Does anyone know for sure if the USR's can be used in
leased mode (i.e. with automatic continuous retrain)?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Also, I plan to be visiting SF/Sacramento area in June, so would be
interested in buying the modems there.
--
Paul Gillingwater, paul@actrix.gen.nz

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (05/23/91)

paul@actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:

>I'm currently running a SL/IP connection using a pair of T2500's in
>PEP mode.  We'd like to redeploy our T2500's for other use, and now
>I'm looking for a pair of V.32bis modems that will work fine in a
>leased-circuit environment.  It's a two wire circuit (that's
>converted to a four wire internally by the Telco), which is why I
>have to use an anisochronous modem setup.

we have a 4 wire leased line converted to 2 wire in the conditioner
on each end of the connection.  We run USR V.32bis modems on each
end with SLIP.

>there a better price for these on a sysop deal?  (My BBS is listed

SYSOP price for the V.32modems is (I think) $449.  The dual standard
is $499..

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis