[comp.dcom.modems] Looking for modem info.

robert@HUB.UCSB.EDU (Robert Patrick Thille) (05/23/91)

From: robert@nextoid.uucp
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
Subject: Looking for modem info.
---------

If anyone has the e-mail or paper-mail address of Telebit, could you
SEND it to me. (I can't read this group, no news feed)

Also, if anyone has a spec sheet for the T2500, could you send that
too?

I'm interested in finding a good modem for a UUCP connection.  The
trouble is, the site I want to connect to uses PEP.  I'm looking for
alternate sites, but I haven't found one yet.  I noticed on the price
line for a T2500 that it has PEP, V32, V42, V42bis.  Is V42bis a
superset of V32, or is that absent?  Also, isn't V42bis supposed to
be faster then V32bis?

Also, I read some of the discussion here (it was mailed to me) and it
seems that the T2500 is limited to 19.2K in it's computer to modem
communication instead of 38.4K.  Is this really a serious limitation?

Robert

robert%nextoid@hub.ucsb.edu
or robert@nextoid.uucp    <--------SLOW!!!