[comp.dcom.modems] Init

apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com (System Administrator) (05/27/91)

        I have an Intel 9600ex modem (great modem) and I was just wondering
what the difference between AT\N3 and AT\N4 was...specifically.  What does
each offer that is different?  Thanks

Amrit

==The Hindu Love Gods BBS - - - - Bloomfield Hills, MI - - - - 313/644-0481===
ProLine: Steve@pro-hindugods     | Internet: Steve@pro-hindugods.cts.com     |
UUCP: crash!pro-hindugods!Steve  | ARPA: crash!pro-hindugods!Steve@nosc.mil  |

randy@m2xenix.psg.com (Randy Bush) (05/28/91)

apollo@pro-hindugods.cts.com (System Administrator) writes:

>         I have an Intel 9600ex modem (great modem) and I was just wondering
> what the difference between AT\N3 and AT\N4 was...specifically.  What does
> each offer that is different?

The table on 7-9 seems to indicate that the significant difference is that \N4
will not fall back to vanilla mode if the other end is purely vanilla.  I.e.
\N4 will hang up on a vanilla-only connection.

--
randy@psg.com  ..!uunet!m2xenix!randy