[comp.dcom.modems] NEC N500A DSU

corinaj@amiglynx.UUCP (Corina) (06/01/91)

I recently picked up this NEC N500A DSU Modem at an auction for $50.00  I was
wondering if anyone has the manual/docs/information on this modem!

"Do you seriously think that if he knew anything, ANYTHING at all, that he
would say so?" --Name that Quote
"No Problem here is how you build it--Barclay ST-TNG--
Wanted:  One Cat Psychologist for Deranged Cat Lord

slee@isis.cs.du.edu (Seng-Poh Lee) (06/01/91)

In article <corinaj.4924@amiglynx.UUCP> corinaj@amiglynx.UUCP (Corina) writes:
>I recently picked up this NEC N500A DSU Modem at an auction for $50.00  I was
>wondering if anyone has the manual/docs/information on this modem!

I hope you weren't expecting to connect this to your phone line. From the
designation and name, it sounds to me like you bought a private line
DDS (Digital Data Service) Data Service Unit (DSU). This is a four wire
leased line digital modem. No use to you for dial-up purposes. Sorry.

Seng-Poh Lee
slee@isis.cs.du.edu