[comp.dcom.modems] Procomm Plus 2.0 & DSZ

kurt@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Sletterdahl) (06/09/91)

Below is a quotation from DSZ.DOC

"Datastorm has not licensed ZMODEM-90(Tm despite allegations that DSZ
is now "built in" to ProComm Plus version 2.  Many users of ProComm
Plus version 2.x use DSZ to get MobyTurbo(Tm, Intelligent Crash
Recovery(Tm, and other ZMODEM-90(Tm features."

Who is alleging that DSZ is built in to Procomm Plus 2.0x????

In reviewing Procomm Plus 2.0 software, documentation, and
advertising, I haven't found any evidence of DataStorm making any such
allegations.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!kurt
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!kurt@nosc.mil
INET: kurt@pnet51.orb.mn.org

todd@pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) (06/13/91)

In article <5102@orbit.cts.com> kurt@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Sletterdahl) writes:
>Who is alleging that DSZ is built in to Procomm Plus 2.0x????
>
>In reviewing Procomm Plus 2.0 software, documentation, and
>advertising, I haven't found any evidence of DataStorm making any such
>allegations.

I checked my Procomm Plus 2.0 docs also and couldn't find any references to
DSZ. However, I think Datastorm SHOULD contact Chuck Forsburg (sp?) about
DSZ. Procomm's implementation of ZMODEM performs miserably. On a 19200 bps
PEP connection, I get a throughput of about 700cps using Procomm's ZMODEM.
Using Telix, I get a more reasonble 1100 to 1300cps throughput. I'm
going to send in my $$$ to get Telix after testing it a bit more (it's
VT100 terminal emulation seems a bit off). I've also found that Procomm's
ZMODEM freezes every now and then for no apparent reason. I've also found
that Procomm Plus 2.0 and QEMM-386 5.12 have some nasty interactions. I've
had QEMM terminate after exiting Procomm several times.
--
Todd Ogasawara ::: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Internet       ::: todd@pinhead.pegasus.com

hamid@uop.uop.edu (Mohd H Misnan) (06/13/91)

todd@pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) writes:

>In article <5102@orbit.cts.com> kurt@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Sletterdahl) writes:
>VT100 terminal emulation seems a bit off). I've also found that Procomm's
>ZMODEM freezes every now and then for no apparent reason. I've also found
>that Procomm Plus 2.0 and QEMM-386 5.12 have some nasty interactions. I've
>had QEMM terminate after exiting Procomm several times.

	Yeah, I've the sam problem when using Procomm's ZMODEM, it got
	freeze when I move my mouse cursor. And I'm using QEMM 5.12 too.. I
	think there are many bugs in Procomm + v2.
	-
	-mid-
--
| Mohd H Misnan           | INET: hmisnan@madvax.uop.edu           |