[comp.dcom.modems] Trailblazer

Ralph_Liedtke@turtle.stgt.sub.org (Ralph Liedtke) (06/11/91)

Can anyone here in this BBS tell me about his experiences with the
Trailblazer
T 2500 Modem in Comparison with the Dual Standard. I didn`t know any Users of
the Trailblazer and hope to get further Information here in my UUCP Adress.
Thanks for great response!

-- Via DLG Pro v0.97b

mario capellari                          | BBS`s for Amiga    greetings....
7000 Stuttgart 1                         | ++49 711 6407689       the
FRG                                      | ++49 711 6498429   TurtleSystems
UseNet:Ralph_Liedtke@turtle.stgt.sub.org |

larry@zztop.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (06/13/91)

Ralph_Liedtke@turtle.stgt.sub.org (Ralph Liedtke) writes:

>Can anyone here in this BBS tell me about his experiences with the
>Trailblazer
>T 2500 Modem in Comparison with the Dual Standard. I didn`t know any Users of
>the Trailblazer and hope to get further Information here in my UUCP Adress.

well, the PEP will hold the line better (if it is poor quality) than the
USR modems, however the USR modems (with v.32bis) will yield 35% better
throughput.   If the line quality is good, and the other end supports
v.32bis - I would go with USR.

--
Larry Snyder
larry@zztop.rn.com

root@zswamp.uucp (Geoffrey Welsh) (06/13/91)

In a letter to All, Ralph Liedtke (Ralph_Liedtke@turtle.stgt.sub.org ) wrote:

 >Can anyone here in this BBS tell me about his experiences
 >with the Trailblazer T 2500 Modem in Comparison with the
 >Dual Standard. I didn`t know any Users of the Trailblazer

   USRobotics released the Dual Standard so that people could maintain
compatibility with USR's old HST modems as well as the emerging V.32 standard
(the HST is not compatible with any standard for 9600 bps communications).

   Telebit also released a non-standard 9600 bps modem, the Trailblazer,
which became very popular among UUCP operators and people with overseas
links.  However, Telebit also needed to release a modem which was compatible
with their older modems and with the new standard, and that was the T2500.

   Each speaks the V.32 standard plus one proprietary modulation, but each
also caters to a different market.  If you need compatibility with
Trailblazers, then your only choice is the T2500; if you need to speak to
HSTs, then your only choice is the Dual Standard.

--
Geoffrey Welsh - Operator, Izot's Swamp BBS (FidoNet 1:221/171)
root@zswamp.uucp or ..uunet!watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root