[comp.dcom.modems] Transfer of files/faxes to London

las8969@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (SMITH, LA) (06/13/91)

Greeting Netland,

I need some suggestions on various scenarios for a project I'm doing.  We have
a LONDON office which we need to exchange files with (we are based in NYC &
Baltimore).

My questions is in two-fold...

	1) any idea how this can be done?  I was thinking either a gateway to
London (we are all based on Novell software) or using a progam like the
COORDINATOR (which used MHS) to swap stuff back and forth (this needs to be
unattended of course)

	2) Now they also would like to swap faxes around which adds even more
confusion.  In reality they would like to be able to do a couple different
things
	a)  Be able to have something faxed to them and have it put into
wordprocessor format.
	b)  Be able to send the faxes from their PC's

For this later question, I was figuring that there must be some service out
there that must do this?  Any ideas?

Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Ferris

kmcvay@oneb.wimsey.bc.ca (Ken McVay) (06/16/91)

In article <1991Jun12.211620.4747@isc.rit.edu> las8969@ritvax.isc.rit.edu writes:

>I need some suggestions on various scenarios for a project I'm doing.  We have
>a LONDON office which we need to exchange files with (we are based in NYC &
>Baltimore).
>
>My questions is in two-fold...
>
>	1) any idea how this can be done?  I was thinking either a gateway to
>London (we are all based on Novell software) or using a progam like the
>COORDINATOR (which used MHS) to swap stuff back and forth (this needs to be
>unattended of course)

FTN (Fidotech) automated mailers will do the job quickly, automatically,
and without error. The best of the lot are (imho) FrontDoor 2.0 and d'Bridge
1.3 - either one will handle the task on a completely automated basis.

DISCLAIMER: I am a Canadian VAR, and use FrontDoor exclusively for just
the sort of application you note. I won't go into program detail here,
because it would be inappropriate - just dial your nearest Fidotech BBS
and all the information you need should be readily available.

FrontDoor 2.0 and d'Bridge are both commercial products. For information
about FD, contact OCI (James Smith) at 1-207-945-5125. I don't have the
contact for d'Bridge, but you should be able to locate one via a local
FidoNet bbs.

I understand that SEA, of SEAdog fame (SEAdog being the first commercial
fidotech mailer), just released SEAmail, which is another commercial
mailer, but I haven't seen a copy yet, so won't comment further. You
can contact SEA at 1-201-473-5153 - ask for Irene Henderson.

--
100,000 Americans in the Gulf need to       | Any Servicemember     |
hear from you! Please write a letter        | Persian Gulf Command  |