[comp.dcom.modems] Source of modem connect message

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (06/17/91)

In article <1991Jun15.154304.25987@uunet.uu.net> karln!karln@uunet.uu.net (Karl Nicholas) writes:

>Furthermore I cannot picture were getty is going to get the connect
>string from, but then again I've always gone the locked speed route.
>  [...]
>I'm not even sure that the modem will issue a connect string when someone
>calls in. There should be a way to query it though. I'll look into it a
>bit more this weekend, but I have to say .. I would just lock the port.

The modem can indeed issu a connect message (result code) on dial-in.

Take a look at the description of the Q0 setting, which is the modem's
default setting when it comes from the factory.

--
 |  Greg Andrews   |       UUCP: {apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!gandrews    |