[comp.dcom.modems] Call for Experience: ANCHOR 96E5

swildner@channelz.gun.de (Sascha Wildner) (06/20/91)

Hi!
I am planning to buy a new modem and heard of one called "ANCHOR 96E5". Could
anybody tell me their experience with this modem (Advantages/Disadvantages,
etc.)? I'd be grateful.

--
sascha wildner         swildner@channelz.gun.de
am druvendriesch 27    ...!{tmpmbx|mcshh|smurf|unido}!easix!channelz!swildner

schuster@panix.uucp (Michael Schuster) (06/21/91)

In article <swildner.5492@channelz.gun.de> swildner@channelz.gun.de (Sascha Wildner) writes:
>Hi!
>I am planning to buy a new modem and heard of one called "ANCHOR 96E5". Could
>anybody tell me their experience with this modem (Advantages/Disadvantages,
>etc.)? I'd be grateful.

If it's made by Anchor Automation, beware.
They are not known for [cough] quality hardware.

--
                Mike Schuster                      |   -CIS: 70346,1745
-NY Public Access UNIX:  schuster@panix.com        |   -MCI Mail, GENIE: