[comp.dcom.modems] Hayes offers rebates on modems

tnixon@hayes.uucp (06/17/91)

Hayes today annouced that, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of
the introduction of the Smartmodem products, they will be offering
rebates on certain products purchased from 17 June to 18 August 1991
in the US and Canada. These include US$150 on Ultra 96 and V-series
Smartmodem 9600; and US$100 on Smartmodem 2400, Smartmodem 2400P,
Smartmodem 1200, and Smartmodem 1200B, with no limitation on the
number of units per customer.  I don't want to clutter the net with
any more details on this, but if you'd like more information on it,
please check with your local dealer or the Hayes BBS at
800-874-2937. I can also email you a copy of the entire press
release if you like.

        -- Toby

P.S.  Apologies in advance to anyone who considers this to be overly
commercial.  I hope the fact that I'm an engineer passing on a
legitimate news item, rather than a sales type soliciting business,
has a bearing on your opinion.  I just want everyone to be aware of
it, so the don't miss an opportunity to save some money, in case
they were going to buy a Hayes modem anyway.

--
Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-840-9200  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404

schuster@panix.uucp (Michael Schuster) (06/19/91)

In article <4024.285cb4d5@hayes.uucp> tnixon@hayes.uucp writes:
>Hayes today annouced that, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of
>the introduction of the Smartmodem products, they will be offering
>rebates on certain products purchased from 17 June to 18 August 1991
>in the US and Canada. These include US$150 on Ultra 96 and V-series
>Smartmodem 9600; and US$100 on Smartmodem 2400, Smartmodem 2400P,
>Smartmodem 1200, and Smartmodem 1200B, with no limitation on the
>number of units per customer.  I don't want to clutter the net with

Reading between the lines, one is given the impression that Hayes has
no intention of shipping a V.32bis product until =at least= the term
of this rebate offer has expired. Is that a reasonable conclusion?

--
                Mike Schuster                      |   -CIS: 70346,1745
-NY Public Access UNIX:  schuster@panix.com        |   -MCI Mail, GENIE:

tnixon@hayes.uucp (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.213744.6440@panix.uucp>, schuster@panix.uucp
(Michael Schuster) writes:

> Reading between the lines, one is given the impression that Hayes has
> no intention of shipping a V.32bis product until =at least= the term
> of this rebate offer has expired. Is that a reasonable conclusion?

I honestly don't know.  It may be "reasonable", but I don't know how
accurate it is.

--

ken@slhisc.uucp (Ken Stamm) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun18.213744.6440@panix.uucp> schuster@panix.uucp (Michael Schuster) writes:
>Reading between the lines, one is given the impression that Hayes has
>no intention of shipping a V.32bis product until =at least= the term
>of this rebate offer has expired. Is that a reasonable conclusion?

Gee, at PC-Expo here in NYC, Hayes is showing the Ultra 144, their entry
in the V.32bis arena.
They are also giving out the coupons for the rebate plan, but the rebate
coupon makes no mention of the Ultra 144.
Hayes, at the show, claimed next month shipments for the 144.

Anyone out there beta testing the 144?
--
Ken Stamm (uunet.uu.net!slcpi!slhisc!ken) (212)341-3868