[comp.terminals] Looking for IBM-PC VT100 terminal emulator

vecellio@sunybcs.UUCP (11/26/86)

I'am looking for a VT100/VT220 terminal emulator for IBM-PC's
and compatables. Full functionality is a must and cost is some object.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
					Thanks in advance
					Gary

dave@viper.UUCP (David Messer) (11/29/86)

In article <1525@sunybcs.UUCP> vecellio@sunybcs.UUCP (Gary Vecellio) writes:
>I'am looking for a VT100/VT220 terminal emulator for IBM-PC's
>and compatables. Full functionality is a must and cost is some object.
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

General Micro Systems in Minnesota has a full line of DEC and Tektronix
terminal emulators.  They have emphasized full compatibility with
the originals terminals.  Their address is:

	General Micro Systems
	P.O. Box 5330
	Hopkins, MN  55343
	(612) 944-0593

Note:  I am not affiliated with General Micro Systems, but I
use their products in my consulting business and they have
given me good service.
--
Disclaimer:                       | David Messer
I'm always right and I never lie. | Software Consultant

matt@inuxg.UUCP (Matt Verner) (11/29/86)

> I'am looking for a VT100/VT220 terminal emulator for IBM-PC's
> and compatables. Full functionality is a must and cost is some object.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> 					Thanks in advance
> 					Gary

Try PROCOMM 2.4.2 which has been posted to the net recently.  It supports
vt100 and a host of other terminals in emulation mode.  I use it for
dialing BBS's and very occasionally to call into a unix machine.  For
dialing into a unix machine I find 'ctrm' to be a much better solution.

If you can't grab a copy of procomm242 off saved news let me know and I will
mail you a copy.  I believe that it was posted to net.micro.pc.

 Matt Verner   				UUCP:  ...ihnp4!inuxc!verner
 AT&T Graphics Software Laboratory	Indianapolis, In

           "The whole point of this sentence is to clearly
             explain the point this sentence is making."

dan@prairie.UUCP (Daniel M. Frank) (11/29/86)

In article <1525@sunybcs.UUCP> vecellio@sunybcs.UUCP (Gary Vecellio) writes:
>I'am looking for a VT100/VT220 terminal emulator for IBM-PC's
>and compatables. Full functionality is a must and cost is some object.

   The VT-100 emulator in Chuck Forsberg's Professional-Yam for the
PC is about as good as you'll get.  It handles all the really strange
cases with scrolling regions, etc., although it can't handle stuff that
the PC just can't do, like double size characters.

	Omen Technology, Inc.
	17505-V Northwest Sauvie Island Rd.
	Portland, OR  97231
	(503) 621-3406 (voice)
	(503) 621-3746 (modem)

   You can call up the modem number to get a free, almost fully functional
demo copy, so you can try before you buy.  Price (if you buy) is a bit
over $100; I'm not sure of the exact number right now.

--
    Dan Frank
    uucp: ... uwvax!prairie!dan

wmf@chinet.UUCP (William M. Fischer) (12/01/86)

In article <1525@sunybcs.UUCP> vecellio@sunybcs.UUCP (Gary Vecellio) writes:
>I'am looking for a VT100/VT220 terminal emulator for IBM-PC's

PROCOMM 2.4.2	Full communications package, dialer and scripting functions

MSKERMIT 2.29	Possibly the best VT100 emulation, kermit file transfer,
		no dialer or scripts

PC-VT		Excellent VT100 emulation, dialer and user macros

PIBTERM 3.x	Another full communications package with host mode, scripts

All the above are available on many BBS's all over the country without charge.

             |    Fortiter in re,       ||     Bill Fischer     |
             |       suaviter in modo.  ||  ...ihnp4!chinet!wmf |