[comp.terminals] Help needed with Ultrix 2.0 and AT&T 5620 DMD

sgt@alice.UUCP (07/22/87)

I'm posting this for an associate here.  Please reply to the address in
the signature.  If you reply to me, it may not get there.

We just upgraded our MicroVax II from Ultrix 1.1 to 2.0.
Unfortunately this 'upgrade' had the side effect of breaking
all our 5620 windowing software, i.e., mux, proof, cip, etc.

Has anyone out there got a good 5620 windowing
package that runs under Ultrix 2.0?

Thanks in advance -

David Turock
dlt@cogito.psych.upenn.edu
(201) 582-4948

--
Steve Tell,  Student: Duke University
         Summer Employee: AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (07/24/87)

In article <7113@alice.UUCP> dlt@cogito.psych.upenn.edu (David Turock) writes:
>I'm posting this for an associate here.  Please reply to the address in
>the signature.  If you reply to me, it may not get there.
>

>We just upgraded our MicroVax II from Ultrix 1.1 to 2.0.
>Unfortunately this 'upgrade' had the side effect of breaking
>all our 5620 windowing software, i.e., mux, proof, cip, etc.

What broke?  More specificity is in order.  You shouldn't need to go
looking for a different software package.  Are you able to relink the
software?  Are the problems along the lines of things warned about in
the Release Notes?  Something unexpected?

A lot has changed between 1.1 and 2.0 (there was a release in the
middle of those...  and about 2 years went by too).  But nothing that
should make the software un-compilable (well, nothing I can think
of...KK
R\/R\/

muller@sdcc7.ucsd.EDU (Keith Muller) (07/24/87)

There are TWO versions of the BSD software that you can get from
ATT one for 4.2 and one for 4.3. The 4.3 version probably
is needed for ultrix 2.0 if it has the 4.3 tty_pty.c (which
has code in it to support the dmd layers). The 4.2 version
included a patched tty_pty.c.

	Keith Muller
	University of California, Sanciistri