[comp.terminals] WYSE 75

john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) (12/11/87)

   Can anyone tell me anything about a Wyse-75 terminal ?  I just
aquired one and dont know anything about it. Ive seen ads for the
Wyse 30,50,60 but never saw the 75 advertised. What makes it different
from the rest. And, can anyone give me an address/phone number to
get/buy a manual ?  Thanks

				John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: wa3wbu!john@uunet.UU.NET

pete@wlbr.EATON.COM (Pete Lyall) (12/12/87)

In article <424@wa3wbu.UUCP> john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:

>   Can anyone tell me anything about a Wyse-75 terminal ?  I just
>aquired one and dont know anything about it. Ive seen ads for the
>Wyse 30,50,60 but never saw the 75 advertised. What makes it different
>from the rest. And, can anyone give me an address/phone number to
>get/buy a manual ?  Thanks

The WYSE-75 is effectively a VT-100 clone. We have hundreds of them
here. I also use WYSE-50's at home. The WYSE-50 is *exactly* the same
terminal with the exception of a slightly different keyboard layout,
and the EPROMS on the logic board are different. The WYSE-50 emulates
a number of tubes, but is closest to the Televideo 910/912 family. It
is also *fast*.

The address on the back of my WYSE-75 reference guide is:

Wyse Technology
3040 North First Street
San Jose, California 95134

--
Pete Lyall (OS9 Users Group V.P.)             Eaton Corporation (818)-706-5693
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 Sysop) OS9 (home): (805)-985-0632 (24hr./1200 baud)