[comp.terminals] VT-100 wide mode on a PC

morris@ontenv.UUCP (D. Wayne Morris) (05/04/88)

Does anyone know if there is a communications package (commercial or otherwise)
that will allow 132 columns to be displayed on screen?
I am using an IBM compatible AT with an EGA video card and currently use
Procomm 4.2.  As far as I know, Procomm is unable to operate in wide display
mode.
Muchas gracias.

Devin_E_Ben-Hur@cup.portal.com (05/08/88)

QMODEM 3.1 will support wide and long display modes.
It's shareware, check any reasonably well stocked BBS.

keeshu@nikhefk.UUCP (Kees Huyser) (05/08/88)

In article <459@ontenv.UUCP> morris@ontenv.UUCP (D. Wayne Morris) writes:
#Does anyone know if there is a communications package (commercial or otherwise)
#that will allow 132 columns to be displayed on screen?

SmarTerm 240 will do 132 columns with an EGA card.
--Kees

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

pajerek@kadsma.kadsm (Don Pajerek) (05/09/88)

In article <459@ontenv.UUCP> morris@ontenv.UUCP (D. Wayne Morris) writes:
>Does anyone know if there is a communications package (commercial or otherwise)
>that will allow 132 columns to be displayed on screen?
>Muchas gracias.

There are some packages (I believe ZCOMM is one currently available) that
will do 132 columns. However, it won't work with a standard EGA card. You need
one of the various EGA/VGA clones that have 132-column support built-in. The
Paradise EGA clones will do the trick, I think.

-- donald pajerek

alexc@psu-cs.UUCP (Alex M. Chan) (05/09/88)

In article <459@ontenv.UUCP> morris@ontenv.UUCP (D. Wayne Morris) writes:
>Does anyone know if there is a communications package (commercial or otherwise)
>that will allow 132 columns to be displayed on screen?
>I am using an IBM compatible AT with an EGA video card and currently use
>Procomm 4.2.  As far as I know, Procomm is unable to operate in wide display
>mode.
>Muchas gracias.

SAME HERE... THANKS....

                            Sincerely,
                           __   _
                          /  ) //

                            Alex M. Chan.

Mail address :
Usenet  : {ucbvax,decvax,allegra,hplabs}!tektronix!psu-cs!alexc
    or  : ogcvax!psueea!alexc
CSNET   : alexc@pdx.edu
ARPAnet : alexc%pdx.edu@relay.cs.net