[comp.terminals] 630 problems - update and thanks

alexb@cfctech.UUCP (Alex Beylin) (01/07/89)

First of all - thanks to everybody who wrote or posted
or telephoned in responce to my posting - Usenet's
friendly spirit really showed very well.

With numerous help I seem to have gotten some of my problems
defined as following:

	1.  I seem to have a brain-dead version of ksh -
	    it does not execute .kshrc when starting-up
	    a new shell. I will pursue this futher with
	    AT&T - the Hotline route!

	2.  Some of my variables were not exported - fixed.

	3.  Layers seem not to like running at 19.2 Kb.
	    That one will also go to the AT&T Hotline -
	    seems to be a bug.

	4.  Lack of knowledge on my part - still
	    waiting for the developer's software and
	    manuals - all I have right now is the
	    manual thst comes with the terminal.

Again, thanks to everybody for the help - once this is
resolved I'll post the solution (if any).

	Alex

 Alex Beylin                          | +1 313 244 3386
 alexb@cfctech.UUCP                   | Chrysler Financial Corp.
 alexb%cfctech.uucp@umix.cc.umich.edu | MIS, Technical Services
 {sharkey,umix,mailrus}!cfctech!alexb |	901 Wilshire, Troy, MI
 DISCLAMER:  Any opinions expressed here are are my own and
 may be contrary to polices or procedures of my employer.

In article <1699@cfctech.UUCP> alexb@cfctech.UUCP (Alex Beylin) writes:

>	1.  I seem to have a brain-dead version of ksh -
>	    it does not execute .kshrc when starting-up
>	    a new shell.

Do you have ENV set to point to your .kshrc and exported?

Les Mikesell

alexb@cfctech.UUCP (Alex Beylin) (01/12/89)

In article <7412@chinet.chi.il.us> les@chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:

>>	1.  I seem to have a brain-dead version of ksh -
>>	    it does not execute .kshrc when starting-up
>>	    a new shell.
>
>Do you have ENV set to point to your .kshrc and exported?
>

>Les Mikesell

No I did not!  Thanks again to all who caught that and
wrote/posted.  Seems all the problems but running layers
at 19.2 are fixed and Hotline just called with a possible
fix for that.

Hey, while we are at it, does anyone have any neat
software for the 630?  Yes, I did order the development
kit, but it is still on the boat someplace.  I am in love
with this terminal, so anyone who will share their tricks
or technics to make it even better will be much appreciated.

	Thanks again,

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (01/12/89)

In article <1950@cfctech.UUCP> alexb@cfctech.UUCP (Alex Beylin) writes:
-Hey, while we are at it, does anyone have any neat
-software for the 630?  Yes, I did order the development
-kit, but it is still on the boat someplace.  I am in love
-with this terminal, so anyone who will share their tricks
-or technics to make it even better will be much appreciated.

Perhaps we ought to reactivate the INFO-BLIT mailing list that BRL
used to operate for 5620 users?  All we need to do is find someone
who has the time to administer it...