[comp.terminals] termcap initialization and reset strings.

rbutterworth@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ray Butterworth) (06/08/89)

Termcap has is= and rs= as initialization and reset strings.
I've also seen i1=, i2=, i3=, and r1=, r2=, and r3= with
other initializations in them.

i2= is the initialization string for the status line
and is used by sysline(1) and some versions of tset(1).

What programs use the other five strings?
(please mail me and I'll post a summary)

rbutterworth@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ray Butterworth) (06/15/89)

In article <27017@watmath.waterloo.edu>, rbutterworth@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ray Butterworth) writes:
> Termcap has is= and rs= as initialization and reset strings.
> I've also seen i1=, i2=, i3=, and r1=, r2=, and r3= with
> other initializations in them.
>
> i2= is the initialization string for the status line
> and is used by sysline(1) and some versions of tset(1).
>
> What programs use the other five strings?
> (please mail me and I'll post a summary)

Here's the summary of all the response.  Thanks.