[comp.terminals] manual for Freedom 100 terminal

jlg@ddsw1.MCS.COM (JL Gomez) (06/12/89)

Does anyone know the address of Liberty Electronics maker of the
Freedom 100 terminal?  I need to get hold of a manual for the terminal.
Or if someone has a manual, a photocopy will do. Thanks for the info!
--
JL Gomez

harry@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Harry I. Rubin) (06/22/89)

In article <3592@ddsw1.MCS.COM> jlg@ddsw1.MCS.COM (JL Gomez) writes:
>Does anyone know the address of Liberty Electronics maker of the
>Freedom 100 terminal?  I need to get hold of a manual for the terminal.
>Or if someone has a manual, a photocopy will do. Thanks for the info!

The material I have which contains their address is from about 6 years ago
when I bought the terminal, so those addresses are probably not good any
more.

As it happens though, after having had no trouble with this terminal
(well, hardly any) for 6 years, I had to telephone them just today.
The phone number, guaranteed correct and current, is (415) 742-7000.
They are located in the city of South San Francisco, but I do not
have the mailing address.

Good luck.

harry@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Harry I. Rubin) (06/24/89)

In article <3592@ddsw1.MCS.COM> jlg@ddsw1.MCS.COM (JL Gomez) writes:
>Does anyone know the address of Liberty Electronics maker of the
>Freedom 100 terminal?  I need to get hold of a manual for the terminal.
>Or if someone has a manual, a photocopy will do. Thanks for the info!
>--
>JL Gomez

I got the address for Liberty Electronics:

Liberty Electronics
332 Harbor Way
South San Francisco, CA  94080

Telephone: (415) 742-7000

FAX:  (415) 952-9588

TELEX:  6771322 LIEL UW

I also got Liberty's spec sheet on the Freedom 1 terminal.  It emulates
the Wyse 50 and the TVI 950 and some others.  Looks rather similar to
a Wyse terminal.  I'm still looking for people who have experience with them.
If you know about them, or have experience with them, please contact me.
Thanks.
						Harry Rubin