[comp.terminals] DEC terminal local print codes needed

jdm1@eds1.UUCP (Jon McCown) (08/17/89)

I am writing a VT(x>=100) emulator for CTOS workstations and would like
to roll in the facilities for local printing.  Unfortunately the DEC manual
I have does not include the codes for this. (an older VT100 manual).

For CTOS types: this emulator will be available 'cheap if not free' and will
include such niceties as Xmodem and Ymodem + batch. Death to the $500 emulators!

- Jon McCown
--
             J.D. McCown - RCSG Director - Senate of Pennsylvania
psuvax1!eds1!jdm1    (this space intentionally     "Your life or your lupins!"

pjl@ms.uky.edu (Paul Linton) (08/18/89)

On the same note, I _have_ one of those Vt100 terminals.  I also have the
manual.  Now the program Vttest.c told me that I have a printer port,
which I found after taking off the back panel.  Does anyone have _any_
information on the schematics of this port, the way to use this port, etc?
The manual was useless for these questions. (I have the User's Guide).

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Linton      UKCC Consultant.                University of Kentucky.
...!ukma!pjl                Lexington, Kentucky.

tmm@hp-sdd.hp.com (Tim McDonough) (08/19/89)

In article <326@eds1.UUCP> jdm1@eds1.UUCP (Jon McCown) writes:

>I am writing a VT(x>=100) emulator for CTOS workstations and would like
>to roll in the facilities for local printing.  Unfortunately the DEC manual
>I have does not include the codes for this. (an older VT100 manual).
>
>- Jon McCown

You might try looking at some of the KERMIT documentation that is available.
I know the manual for the MS-DOS version of kermit has the control code
sequences you are looking for.

                    -Tim
* Hewlett Packard - San Diego Division                 Timothy M. McDonough   *
* 16399 W. Bernardo Drive                              1350 N. Esc. Blvd. #40 *
* San Diego, CA 92127                                  Escondido, CA 92026    *
* 619) 592-8657                                        (619) 489-7863         *
*                            tmm@hp-sdd.sdd.hp.com                            *