[comp.terminals] vt240 termcap entry

nsus_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (NICK) (09/11/89)

We have recently acquired some vt240 terminals without manuals. Would
anyone happen to have a termcap entry for a vt240 that they could mail to
me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Nick Susch
nsus_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

johnk@wet.UUCP (John E. Kemker) (09/12/89)

In article <2984@ur-cc.UUCP> nsus_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Nick Susch) writes:

>We have recently acquired some vt240 terminals without manuals. Would
>anyone happen to have a termcap entry for a vt240 that they could mail to
>me? It would be greatly appreciated.
>

>Nick Susch
>nsus_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

Unless you absolutely, positively, HAVE to have color, the vt240 will work
with a vt100 termcap/terminfo entry.  The only difference will be in the
definitions of the function keys, which you probably won't be able to use
with much of anything, anyway.  Go into setup on the vt240 and tell it to
emulate a vt100 with vt220 or vt240 id and it should work.

[NOTA BENE:  This is an extrapolation, but should work.  I am responsible for
the upkeep and maintenance on a medium DEC system of about 30-40 vt220's and
about 10 vt320's. {along with somewhere around 90 Qume QVT101's and
QVT102's, a few assorted Wyse, Fame 12's, and Tatung ET-10's}  If you'd like
to use the function keys on the terminal, drop me a line in email and I'll
dig out the manuals for the vt240 {we have one SOMEWHERE around the
hospital} and add the function keys to a vt100 termcap for you.]

--

"Yes, I program in a childhood disease." -- any MUMPS programmer

"MUMPS means never having to say you're sorting." -- MUG (MUMPS User Group)
                                                     t-shirt

--
US Snail:				UNIX Mail:
John E. Kemker, III			johnk@wet