[comp.terminals] Macintosh TVI920 terminal emulator wanted

kemnitz@postgres.uucp (Greg Kemnitz) (09/15/89)

I need a terminal emulator (running on a Mac IIx) that emulates an ADM31
or TVI920 terminal.  The host system is an ancient CDC system for credit
unions which only talks to these terminals.  Also, info on these emulators
for IBM PC's would be appreciated as well.

Greg Kemnitz                  |        The coldest winter I ever spent
kemnitz@postgres.berkeley.edu |        was a summer in San Francisco.

mel@fleet.UUCP (mel) (09/15/89)

In article <17192@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> kemnitz@postgres.UUCP (Greg Kemnitz) writes:
>I need a terminal emulator (running on a Mac IIx) that emulates an ADM31
>or TVI920 terminal.  The host system is an ancient CDC system for credit
>unions which only talks to these terminals.  Also, info on these emulators
>for IBM PC's would be appreciated as well.

There is only one program that has Televideo/AMD31 emulation on the Mac.  It
used to be called InTouch but it's now called InTalk. I have found that version
2.11 of the program does a better emulation than does the later release 3.0.
They also had an IBM version of the same product but several other comm.
programs for IBM have these emulations (such as Procom Plus).

I have not kept up with the product but I believe the publishers are Palantir
Software in Houston Texas.  The last number I have is 713-955-8880.  That has
probably changed.

If you find another program that does the same emulation then be sure to post
your findings.

Mel Shear
504-733-5333