[comp.terminals] Manuals for 2621A?

lance@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Daniel A Lentz) (10/22/89)

Does anyone have the manuals to the Hewlett-Packard 2621A (circa 1978)?
I doubt that they're worth MUCH, but I'd be happy to pay shipping, and
maybe a couple of dollars, if they're in good shape.

				Thanx.

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com (10/23/89)

I have a HP2621A terminal with manual. If you have just a few questions, I
can look them up in the manual.

	- Doug -

Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com

lance@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Daniel A Lentz) (10/23/89)

Basically, I'd like to know how to work/what the straps are, what the initials
for the handshake stand for, and what "edit" mode is supposed to accomplish.

	Is there any way to make it execute an automatic power-up string
(ATDT 1 302 451 6150)

	Is there any way to hook up a printer? My guess is that it isn't
easy and it involves some soldering, but it might be worth looking into.

	Sorry for bombarding you with all of these questions, but you asked!

(I'm still interested in the manuals, if anybody has them and doesn't need
them)
--
                 _    __   _ __   __   __             lance@vax1.acs.udel.EDU
               _//   /  ) ' )  ) /  ) /  `            -----------------------

rjn@hpfcso.HP.COM (Bob Niland) (10/23/89)

re: "Does anyone have the manuals to the Hewlett-Packard 2621A (circa
     1978)?  I doubt that they're worth MUCH, but I'd be happy to pay
     shipping, and maybe a couple of dollars, if they're in good shape."

The following manuals are still available from Hewlett-Packard:

   02620-90032    2621A/P Owner's Manual           $43.00
   02620-90002    2621A/P Service Manual            20.00

It appears that there never was a "Reference" manual, so I presume that the
Owner's manual covers the terminal command language (escape sequences, etc.)

Regards,                                              Hewlett-Packard
Bob Niland      ARPA: rjn%hpfcrjn@hplabs.HP.COM       3404 East Harmony Road
                UUCP: [hplabs|hpfcse]!hpfcla!rjn      Ft Collins CO 80525-9599

gentry@kcdev.UUCP (Art Gentry) (10/24/89)

In article <4734@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU>, lance@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Daniel A Lentz) writes:
> [2621 questions deleted]
> (I'm still interested in the manuals, if anybody has them and doesn't need
> them)

I tried to email you that I have a couple of extra manuals, but the mail
bounced.  Shoot me an address and/or phone and I'll ship one off to you.

| R. Arthur Gentry     AT&T Communications     Kansas City, MO     64106 |
| Email: attctc!kcdev!gentry        ATTMail: attmail!kc4rtm!gentry       |
| The UNIX BBS: 816-221-0475        The Bedroom BBS: 816-637-4183        |
| $include {std_disclaimer.h}       "I will make a quess" - Spock - STIV |