[comp.terminals] Graphics on Wyse 150?

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (10/27/89)

I saw a demonstration of the Wyse 150 terminal at the Canadian Computer
Show, and was quite impressed. However, there were a few questions I had
that not even the Wyse reps there could answer:

- The demo they were running showed a large number of fonts, some double
width, some double height, some vertical. Are these all built into the
system, does it have a bitmap facility, or are these downloaded fonts?

- There were some reliability concerns by some with the Wyse 60, which
this model supposedly replaces. Have these concerns been addressed?

- The demo also had small, icon-like graphic symbols like mailboxes and
folders. How were these graphics created and displayed?

- Has anyone done a termcap or terminfo entry for the 150 using native
mode?

Thank you.
--
   Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
                 evan@telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan

bob@consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) (10/30/89)

In article <1989Oct27.030621.29744@telly.on.ca> evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>I saw a demonstration of the Wyse 150 terminal at the Canadian Computer
>Show, and was quite impressed. However, there were a few questions I had
>that not even the Wyse reps there could answer:
>- There were some reliability concerns by some with the Wyse 60, which
>this model supposedly replaces. Have these concerns been addressed?
>- Has anyone done a termcap or terminfo entry for the 150 using native
>mode?

We have been using the Wyse 150's for a while now (I am on one now).
We are using native mode and using a Wyse60 termcap with no problems.
It is NOT a direct replacement for a Wyse60 because it only emulates
about 70+% of the Wyse 60 commands.  But the ones it does emulate
it does exactly.  If you are using fancy features of Wyse60 , you
may have a problem and need a special termcap.  I have not seen one
yet.
We run WP Office, WordPerfect, Professional, FoxBase+ 2.1, Realworld
and a bunch of other things.  Running on a CompuTone Intelliport AT8
card.  Hope this helps.

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..      Bob Willey        ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..