[comp.terminals] WANTED: DG Dasher emulator for PC AND: PC-KERMIT

rab@murdu.oz (Richard Alan Brown) (11/13/89)

In article <3309@tekno.chalmers.se> cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (CHRISTER OLSSON)
writes:
>I'm searching for a pd or shareware DG Dasher-terminalemulator to MSDOS.
>Anybody knows?

As far as I can tell, there is no such thing. DG themselves make such a
program, called 'DGTERMPC', but of course you will have to pay for that.

I had forgotten about this problem recently, but I was thinking of
writing to the KERMIT people in the U.S. and twisting their arms to
include a D200/D210 emulation. The really great thing about that would be
the fact that KERMIT has a TEK4010 emulation mode as well, so it would be
possible to do screen editing and graphics. This is what we should do:
the more voices, the better.

Richard Brown
(pbrown@munda.ph.unimelb.edu.au)