[comp.terminals] Termcap entry for Kermit-80 needed

tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) (01/19/90)

I need a termcap entry for the generic version of Kermit80 for CPM.
My CPM system (Digilog S-1000) is not supported fully in the
Kermit distribution.

I did, however, get the generic implementation of Kermit up and
running on it. But I can't get EMACS to work properly with this
generic version.  EMACS needs a pretty smart terminal to run (like
a VT100).  I've tried using the termcap for ADM3A, but still had
problems with KERMIT80.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--tony olejnik
  University of Pennsylvania
  Data communications and Computing Services
  tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu

mjarvis@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Mike Jarvis) (01/19/90)

In article <19153@netnews.upenn.edu> tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) writes:
>I need a termcap entry for the generic version of Kermit80 for CPM.
>My CPM system (Digilog S-1000) is not supported fully in the
>Kermit distribution.

I've seen a lot of requests for Kermit (why?  I have no idea)  so I thought
I'd go ahead and post an anonymous ftp site which is dedicated to the lousy
thing....it has every version ever made and complete updates and info....

 ftp WATSON.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU

Have fun!

------
Mike Jarvis
Favorite quote of 1990 to date -- "CP/M?  What's that,...a mainfraim?"
(I just smiled)