[comp.terminals] Termcap entries for vt102 terminal.

ravi@pds3 (Gorur R. Ravi) (02/22/90)

Does anyone have termcap entries for vt102 terminal emulation?
I believe it differs from vt100! Please e-mail me if you can.
Thanks in advance.
--
Gorur Ravi (ravi)   uunet!pds3!ravi
Project Design Systems, Inc., 2231 Crystal Drive, Suite 1114,

steve@pmday_2.Dayton.NCR.COM (Steve Bridges) (02/24/90)

Our PCs connected to our Tower are using Procomm+ in the vt102 mode, and
their termcap is set to vt100.  We haven't noticed any problems or
differences.

--
Steve Bridges                    | NCR - USDPG Product Marketing and Support OLS
Steve.Bridges@Dayton.NCR.COM     | Phone:(513)-445-4182 622-4182 (Voice Plus)

ravi@pds3 (Gorur R. Ravi) (02/27/90)

In article <875@pmday_2.Dayton.NCR.COM> steve@pmday_2.Dayton.NCR.COM (Steve Bridges) writes:
>Our PCs connected to our Tower are using Procomm+ in the vt102 mode, and
>their termcap is set to vt100.  We haven't noticed any problems or
>differences.

Well, we also use Procomm+ to connect to our Prime computer running
SYS V (ver 3.?) and we have problems using vi (like it doesn't display
characters while using 'h' in command mode). Besides we have problems
in running our Oracle SQL*Forms applications as it does not display
the last character in a data entry field. I did get a copy of vt102
termcap entry from a member of the net (thanks to ee.utah.edu!Walt) but
I still have some problems that I need to work on!

--

ravi@pds3 (Gorur R. Ravi) (03/03/90)

In article <1990Feb26.201434.1196@pds3> ravi@pds3.UUCP (Gorur R. Ravi) writes:
>In article <875@pmday_2.Dayton.NCR.COM> steve@pmday_2.Dayton.NCR.COM (Steve Bridges) writes:
>>Our PCs connected to our Tower are using Procomm+ in the vt102 mode, and
>>their termcap is set to vt100.  We haven't noticed any problems or
>>differences.
>>
>Well, we also use Procomm+ to connect to our Prime computer running
>SYS V (ver 3.?) and we have problems using vi (like it doesn't display
>characters while using 'h' in command mode). Besides we have problems
>in running ....

Recently the above problem was solved by our local Unix/DOS guru. I was
told that if one sets up the Back Space (BS) translation option (which can
be accessed through Procomm Plus' Setup utility --> Terminal Option -->
Genaral Option), to NON DESTRUCTIVE, the above problem will be solved.