[comp.terminals] Link MC-10 terminals

geoff@edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) (02/27/90)

Help
	We have installed at our site a number of LINK MC-10 terminals
which we are trying to run at 38400. This seems to be a pointless
exercise as no matter what type of flow control we try we get garbaged
screens when we try to send lots of data to the screen. Has anyone out there
had success or lack there of with these terminals? The support person I've
been talking to at LINK says that he has heard no complaints but I know
that I've seen at least one negative comment in this news group in
recent weeks.

Any comments about these terminals would be appreciated

Geoff Coleman
Unexsys Systems

geoff@edm.uucp or alberta!edm!geoff

bill@bilver.UUCP (Bill Vermillion) (03/01/90)

In article <1990Feb26.231711.9073@edm.uucp-> geoff@edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) writes:
->Help
->	We have installed at our site a number of LINK MC-10 terminals
->which we are trying to run at 38400. This seems to be a pointless
->exercise as no matter what type of flow control we try we get garbaged
->screens when we try to send lots of data to the screen. Has anyone out there
->had success or lack there of with these terminals? The support person I've
->been talking to at LINK says that he has heard no complaints but I know
->that I've seen at least one negative comment in this news group in
->recent weeks.

Well I talked with Link last week, and have new ROMS for the MC-5's and they
said there will be a new rom for the MC-10 in a few weeks, and they will ship
that to me when it is available.   If there were no problems, (ha!), why the
new ROMS?

(I beleive I was the complainant).

Will keep the net posted on what I find.
                      : bill@bilver.UUCP

tim@comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) (03/03/90)

I am using an MC5 with ISC202, at 38400.  No problems.  I am running this
terminal off of a computone Inteliport board.  It is configured to use
software (xon/xoff) handshaking.

As a test of the handshaking I tried out WordPerfects line draw across
page boundaries, which will break a Televideo 965, and no screen
distortion at all.

I have a question tho, has any one got the parallel port to work?  We
have had no luck at all.

Thanks

Tim Brown                           |
Computer Connection                 |
(attmail or uunet)!comcon!tim       |

campbell@Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) (03/05/90)

In article <342@comcon.UUCP> tim@comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:

>I am using an MC5 with ISC202, at 38400.  No problems.  I am running this
>
>I have a question tho, has any one got the parallel port to work?  We
>have had no luck at all.

The MC-5 had a bug introduced in the firmware, I believe at release 2.03
that caused the printer output to be fired back down the regular serial
port rather than to the parallel printer port when in vt220 emulations.
It would print OK in wyse60.

The best bet is to get firmware updates from Link (current version is
2.05 or 2.06 may be out to the public now).

To chech your firmware press ctrl and shift simultaneously and it will
appear on the status line.
--
....microsoft--\					Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-beaver-----!thebes!camco!bill	6641 East Mercer Way