[comp.terminals] Terminfo to termcap converter?

lwv27@cas.BITNET (07/26/90)

Does anyone have a program to do the reverse of captoinfo?  I would like
to get my termcaps and terminfo files in sync - to do that I need to do
things like update both entries.  infocmp will take me from compiled
terminfo to terminfo source on my system.  And I have a program called
captoinfo which attempts to convert a termcap into a terminfo entry.
So if I can get something to go back the other way I should be just about
set.

Thanks!
--
Larry W. Virden
Business: UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27  INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

mdapoz@hybrid.UUCP (Mark Dapoz) (07/27/90)

In article <9007261225.AA05925@jade.berkeley.edu> lwv27@cas.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone have a program to do the reverse of captoinfo?  I would like
>to get my termcaps and terminfo files in sync - to do that I need to do
>things like update both entries.  infocmp will take me from compiled
>terminfo to terminfo source on my system.  And I have a program called
>captoinfo which attempts to convert a termcap into a terminfo entry.
>So if I can get something to go back the other way I should be just about
>set.

I don't know if all infocmp's have a -C flag, but mine does and it tells
infocmp to convert the terminfo into a termcap.

--
Managing a software development team 	|   Mark Dapoz
is a lot like being on the psychiatric	|   mdapoz%hybrid@cs.toronto.edu