[comp.terminals] Wyse 60

wain@seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson) (07/21/90)

Mark up another Wyse 60 as burning up in front of one of our
programmers.
--
Wain Dobson, Vancouver, B.C.
	...!{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!seac!wain

rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us (Bob Peirce #305) (07/24/90)

In article <5651@seac.UUCP> wain@seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson) writes:
>Mark up another Wyse 60 as burning up in front of one of our
>programmers.

I don't understand this.  We have a half dozen of these things and,
knock on wood, have NEVER had any trouble with them.  Is this a problem
with early units or should I worry?

--
Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA				  412-471-5320
...!uunet!pitt!investor!rbp			rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us

steves@.UUCP (Steve Sapovits) (07/28/90)

rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us (Bob Peirce #305) writes:

>In article <5651@seac.UUCP> wain@seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson) writes:
>>Mark up another Wyse 60 as burning up in front of one of our
>>programmers.

>I don't understand this.  We have a half dozen of these things and,
>knock on wood, have NEVER had any trouble with them.  Is this a problem
>with early units or should I worry?

We've had several Wyse 60 terminals spontaneously combust also, as well
as other Wyse models (I believe 75's or 85's, but I don't think 50's).
One of my co-workers came from a company where many Wyse terminals were
used, and says they either last forever or burn up - nothing in between.
I also hear that Wyse support is pretty bad. But as long as I don't smell
smoke, I'm happy with my 60.

--
Steve Sapovits			|| uucp: steves@hutch.UUCP
Sr. Member of UNIX Tech Staff	||	 ...!uunet!cbmvax!hutch!steves