[comp.terminals] vt100--full duplex?

stroh@plains.UUCP (Douglas Stroh) (08/06/90)

I have a vt100 terminal which I cannot get out of half duplex.  I haven't
been able find to find any reference to this in the manual that I have for
it.  Is the vt100 capable of operating in full duplex mode?  The terminal
does not have the extended video board.

Thanks in advance,
     Doug

--
UUCP: stroh@plains.NoDak.edu
mail: Doug Stroh

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (08/06/90)

In article <5406@plains.UUCP> stroh@plains.UUCP (Douglas Stroh) writes:
>I have a vt100 terminal which I cannot get out of half duplex.  I haven't
>been able find to find any reference to this in the manual that I have for
>it.  Is the vt100 capable of operating in full duplex mode?  The terminal
>does not have the extended video board.

It doesn't sound like an ordinary VT100 to me.  Perhaps it's really a
VT132, in which case one of the SET-UP bits (I think the third bit in
the fourth block, but I'm not sure) controls LOCAL ECHO mode; try
toggling it.  It is also possible that you have a VT100 equipped with
DEI's RetroGraphics board, which has its own set-up menu that includes
local echo (half duplex); as I recall if you press PF1 within a second
or so of a terminal reset, you'll enter the RetroGraphics menu.