[comp.terminals] Tektronix 4025 speed question

rs@mit-eddie (Robert E. Seastrom) (08/15/90)

I have a Tek 4025, and I can't get it to go any speed other than 300
baud.  How do you adjust the baud rate on one of these babies?

                                        ---Rob

--
Internet: rs@eddie.mit.edu             |  Copyright:  Protecting your right to
Bitnet:   RS@SESTAK                    |              copy software.

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) (08/15/90)

In article <1990Aug14.210212.8279@eddie.mit.edu>, rs@mit-eddie (Robert E Seastrom) writes:

| I have a Tek 4025, and I can't get it to go any speed other than 300
| baud.  How do you adjust the baud rate on one of these babies?
|
|                                         ---Rob

You can't adjust it... that's pretty much how fast they go anyway. :-)

The serious answer is something like receiving "!baud 2400" on the
serial port, or typing that in in local mode.  You really oughta get
a manual.  I played with those much too long at Tek when I was there;

ObFolklore:

For the *internal* price of 3 4025's, we got *12* Ann-Arbor
Ambassadors that would actually *run* at 2400-baud and up (19.2K, if I
remember) and had a much smaller footprint.  Those 4025s made nice
room heaters. :-)

Just another ex-Tekkie (anyone remember the 8560? :-),
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |

robd@tramp.TEKTRONIX.COM (Robert P Dixon;685-2811;60-444;;orca) (08/16/90)

> I have a Tek 4025, and I can't get it to go any speed other than 300
> baud.  How do you adjust the baud rate on one of these babies?
>                                         ---Rob

syntax is "commandChar BAUD XMITRATE,RCVRATE"

ie:       !BAUD 9600,9600

If you are unsure what the command char is set to,
type <shift>Status
this will print the command char and other worthless info to the screen...

rs@eddie.mit.edu (Robert E. Seastrom) (08/18/90)

In article <1990Aug14.232337.20640@iwarp.intel.com> merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:

>For the *internal* price of 3 4025's, we got *12* Ann-Arbor
>Ambassadors that would actually *run* at 2400-baud and up (19.2K, if I
>remember) and had a much smaller footprint.  Those 4025s made nice
>room heaters. :-)

Say, those AAAs aren't portrait mode are they?  I've been looking for
a portrait mode AAA for ages now...  I'd (almost) be willing to sell
my soul for one...

So, for the record, I'm looking...

                                        ---Rob