[comp.terminals] IBM PC terminal emulation with ``meta''?

msp33327@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Michael S. Pereckas) (11/10/90)

I have an IBM AT compatable that I often dial up to a Unix system
with.  I use emacs, and so the thought crossed my mind that it would
be nice to have meta key (a key that results in the eighth bit being
set on any chars. typed while it is depressed).  Does anyone know of a
terminal emulation package that emulates such a terminal?  For that
matter, does anyone know of any terminal that has such a feature?
I've never run into such a beast.

--
Michael Pereckas               * InterNet: m-pereckas@uiuc.edu *
just another student...          (CI$: 72311,3246)

brent@network.ucsd.edu (Brent Jones) (11/11/90)

In article <1990Nov10.015400.12793@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> msp33327@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Michael S. Pereckas) writes:
>I have an IBM AT compatable...
>I use emacs...

Both these conditions are curable without incurring exorbitant medical
debts.  :)

Brent