[comp.terminals] ANSI terminal codes

jdwhite@iastate.edu (White Jason David) (02/17/91)

	Anyone have a list of all the ANSI standard terminal codes?  I need to
know what sequence locks and unlocks the keyboard.  I'm also curious to see if
there are some codes that people have found by accident.

--

J. White                       "Ah, I see you have the machine that goes BING!"
jdwhite@iastate.edu                  - Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life"

pdsmith@bbn.com (Peter D. Smith) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb16.163532.28902@news.iastate.edu> jdwhite@iastate.edu (White Jason David) writes:
>	Anyone have a list of all the ANSI standard terminal codes?  I need to
>know what sequence locks and unlocks the keyboard.  I'm also curious to see if
>there are some codes that people have found by accident.
>J. White                       "Ah, I see you have the machine that goes BING!"
>jdwhite@iastate.edu                  - Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life"

The BBN Escape Sequence Cross Index comes through again!
	ESC [2h  = lock keyboard
        ESC [2l  = unlock keyboard.
Not only that, but
	(a) it's called KAM
	(b) it's valid on the VT420, VT3xx, VT2xx, Kermit, and the HDS GVT.
        (c) it's not valid on zillions of others.
        (d) HP terminals use ESC b and ESC c

					Peter D. Smith