[comp.terminals] Bit settings for vt131 wanted

colin@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au (Colin Panisset I) (03/06/91)

  I and several friends have recently acquired some vt131 terminals. We've
managed to work out the effects of some of the bits in setup mode, but there
are a whole bunch of things we can't get. If anyone out there can help by
emailing me a copy of the definitions for each bit (there are 11? 12? sets of
4 bits each, numbered 1-7 and the letters A-D (E?)). It shouldn't be a lot of
stuff, just "bit 1, reverse video" etc...

  Thanks in advance...
    -Colin  *:^)
--
/      colin@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au || Colin Panisset || Oi! You!             /
/  All hail Discordia! <=> <- Meaningless symbol. "African or European?"      /

brian@king.csd.mot.com (03/07/91)

colin@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au (Colin Panisset I) writes:

>  I and several friends have recently acquired some vt131 terminals. We've
>managed to work out the effects of some of the bits in setup mode, but there
>are a whole bunch of things we can't get. If anyone out there can help by
>emailing me a copy of the definitions for each bit (there are 11? 12? sets of
>4 bits each, numbered 1-7 and the letters A-D (E?)). It shouldn't be a lot of
>stuff, just "bit 1, reverse video" etc...

Others have asked about these terminals on the net, and I've replied by mail.
Here's what I sent them (two messages):

--
-Brian Smithson
 Motorola Inc., Computer Group, Computer Systems Division

frank@urz.unibas.ch (03/07/91)

In article <colin.668223785@ultima>, colin@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au (Colin Panisset I) writes:

>   I and several friends have recently acquired some vt131 terminals. We've
> managed to work out the effects of some of the bits in setup mode, but there
> are a whole bunch of things we can't get. If anyone out there can help by
> emailing me a copy of the definitions for each bit (there are 11? 12? sets of
> 4 bits each, numbered 1-7 and the letters A-D (E?)). It shouldn't be a lot of
> stuff, just "bit 1, reverse video" etc...
>
>   Thanks in advance...
>     -Colin  *:^)

Take a look underneath the keyboard, my vt102 has a label explaining all bits.
Could be, though, that the vt131 dosn't. I do have a vt131 description some
where at home. If you don't get any info from some where other, drop me an
e-mail (frank@urz.unibas.ch).

-Robert
Robert Frank, Institut for Informatics, University of Basel, Switzerland
frank@urz.unibas.ch