[comp.terminals] getchar and EOF

In article <3727@inews.intel.com> bhoughto@nevin.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
> (the ascii-only assumption is bogus at the
> outset, since it ignores the loadable (8-bit) fonts of most
> ANSI terminals, of which DEC VT character terminals are a
> near conformant).

I would phrase that as ``since it ignores the loadable (8-bit) fonts of
most VT-compatible terminals, of which ANSI terminals are a near
conformant.'' Let's keep straight who copied whose models here.

(I really wish ANSI hadn't futzed with the entirely reasonable VT
end-of-line behavior. But I'm afraid this is getting a bit far from
comp.lang.c, so followups to comp.terminals.)

---Dan