[comp.terminals] Ann Arbor Ambassador question

serafini@nas.nasa.gov (David B. Serafini) (05/15/91)

Can anyone tell me how to enable and/or program the function keys
on an Ann Arbor Ambassador, 60 line terminal (old model, pre-XL)?
Also, how about the making the numeric keypad generate ESC sequences
rather than numbers?  It sometimes will generate ANSI sequences for the
arrow keys, but I haven't figured out what, besides the SETUP menu,
can change this behavior.  Obviously, I don't have the appropriate
manual.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-David             serafini@amelia.arc.nasa.gov

--
David B. Serafini			serafini@ralph.arc.nasa.gov
Rose Engineering and Research		or ...!ames!amelia!serafini

rbutterw@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ray Butterworth) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May15.013431.578@nas.nasa.gov> serafini@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (David B. Serafini) writes:
>Can anyone tell me how to enable and/or program the function keys
>on an Ann Arbor Ambassador, 60 line terminal (old model, pre-XL)?
>Also, how about the making the numeric keypad generate ESC sequences
>rather than numbers?  It sometimes will generate ANSI sequences for the
>arrow keys, but I haven't figured out what, besides the SETUP menu,
>can change this behavior.  Obviously, I don't have the appropriate
>manual.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Here's a file I used to cat at my terminal to set things up.
Perhaps you can use it as an example.
Note that all the "@" should really be ESC,
but I couldn't include that character in the article.

Turn on ZBNCM, ZDDM, ZFRM, ZKCM, ZKRM, ZWFM.@[>33;28;26;47;35;32h
Turn off KAM, LNM, TSM, ZAKDM, ZBKCM, ZKPCM, ZLTM, ZRLM, ZSPM, ZSSM, ZWBM.@[>2;20;18;46;31;27;42;29;36;39;34l
ENTER:  clears screen and sends return@P`<~[[H~[[J~H~H~H~H~H~H~M@\
PF11:  Echo, Destructive Backspace @P`RyECHO D-BS~J~M~[[>40;30{H}@\