[comp.terminals] WYSE wy-75 setup question

m_wommack@etsuv2.etsu.edu (Mike Wommack) (05/19/91)

Hello,
I just bought a wyse wy-75 used from a friend of mine and I have a
question. How does one stop the keyclick? Ive run thru the setup
sequence time and time again and can't seem to find it.

thanks

Mike Wommack       BITnet- m_wommack@etsuvax2
                   Internet- m_wommack@etsuv2.etsu.edu
                   THEnet- etsuv2::m_wommack
		   {span,MFEnet,HEPnet}- utspan::utadnx::etsuv2::m_wommack

rh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Russell E. Hoffman, II) (05/22/91)

> [question on how to kill the keyclick on WY-75]

When running, try holding down shift and hitting the return key on the numeric
pad. This toggles keyclick on most Wyse models. You can then go into setup
mode and do a "SAVE ALL" to make the change permanent.

Cheers,

Russell Hoffman
rh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University

cepek@vixvax.mgi.com (05/22/91)

In article <kcCPhPy00VpGEC1HZd@andrew.cmu.edu>,
rh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Russell E. Hoffman, II) writes:
>> [question on how to kill the keyclick on WY-75]
>
> When running, try holding down shift and hitting the return key on the numeric
> pad. This toggles keyclick on most Wyse models. You can then go into setup
> mode and do a "SAVE ALL" to make the change permanent.

On a WY-85 terminal, instead hold down the _ctrl_ key and press enter
(aka return) on the numeric keypad.  The WY-185 also works this way.

/  Mike Cepek, Programmer/Analyst / Internet: CEPEK@MGI.COM   /
\  Management Graphics, Inc.      \    Voice: +1 612/851-6112 \  "Engage."
/  1401 East 79th Street          / Operator: +1 612/854-1220 /
\  Minneapolis, MN  55425  USA    \      Fax: +1 612/854-6913 \